glitter and bio gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemheart

Reaction score
hey

was just wondering has anyone ever put any glitter into a bio sculpture gel? i was thinking about trying this the other day but wasnt sure whether it would effect the gel.

any feedback would be great!

Not sure about the Bio gel but I know quite a few people who add glitter to their gels - Angie (aka Bagpuss) springs to mind - there is a picture in the gallery of glitter added to her gel.

Be careful on what glitters you choose as some of the cheaper ones can bleed their colour.

hey

was just wondering has anyone ever put any glitter into a bio sculpture gel? i was thinking about trying this the other day but wasnt sure whether it would effect the gel.

any feedback would be great!

I Put the glitter in the gel once and it got clogged up and went all goopy.

The best bet is to cure a thin layer of bio - then dip your brush in the clear - then in the glitter and add to the smile/free edge (or wherever you want it to go) and then cure ...then clear over the whole lot.

use a pot of clear that your near the end of or keep a spare pot to transfer a small amount of clear in so that you dont get glitter in a big tub of clear gel !

hth

amb x

I've done a few sets of glitter Bio, both full nails and tips.

Full nails - thin layer of clear gel and cure....another thin layer, then with small scoop / spoon (I used the chisel end of cuticle pusher!) sprinkle gel over nail whilst over foil (extra gel that falls off can be re-used) then cure. Quick dust with soft brush and another thin layer gel - sanitise, file to smooth out any lumps (don't panic that it goes dull at this stage) and then S-gel to bring up shine again and seal.

Glitter tips - similar to above but applied clear gel to nail, cured sanitised, slight buff, then applied clear gel to tip only, sprinkled glitter, backswiped with clean brush to give neater edge and cured. Dust again and now use clear gel again over nail bed, as tip is a little thicker than rest of nail now, to re-build curve of nail, and finish as above.

Looks fab - and no need to start mixing!

thanks for all the tips, cant wait to give it ago now!!

Hi

I have a pot of glitter gel that i have had mixed up for about a year with no probs, fiona is right though you need a good glitter not a nasty one.

By the way did you know biosculpture have some new glitter gels coming out this month??

Oh and a few new colours too.

take care

Tracy

Hi

By the way did you know biosculpture have some new glitter gels coming out this month??

And gorgeous they are too....unfortunately Bio have sold out of some of them already! I tried to buy a couple of the pinky ones yesterday!

no i didnt know this, did they send you a newsletter? maybe i should ring them

Yes, there is a new newsletter out, but Bio only send them out with orders! I saw samples at Earls Court last week.

Hello,

You can do this by putting some clear gel into tin foil and adding glitter and then just apply as normal, or you can also buy them now, i have just seen that they have brought out lots of new colours and glitter gels which are s gel based. i done my sisters nails the other day with glitter and they look fab! cant say n e thing bad about them, she is telling me that she is gettin lots of comments about them! im chuffed and am hopin to get lots of clients wanting this for xmas!!!!!!!!!

danielle

Latest posts

Back