glitter and gel!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*beautifulme*

Reaction score
hey guys!
i am a fan of nail art but never experimented with using glitter, how do you apply powdered glitter onto gel nails with curing the glitter within the gel,(if that makes sense) any tips will be much apreiciated.

cheers girlies

alex x x:eek:

3 ways i know of

form your gel nail and dip in glitter and cure. seal

form your gel nail and sprinkle on glitter as required. seal.

mix your glitter into the gel and then use it to form your nail. seal.

3 ways i know of

form your gel nail and dip in glitter and cure. seal

form your gel nail and sprinkle on glitter as required. seal.

mix your glitter into the gel and then use it to form your nail. seal.

thanks
i'll try all systems a go. much aprieciated
take care

hiya me again!

well i did what you said and i mixed the glitter in with some gel!! i'm soo chuffed! they looked spangaly, glittery and now i want some!!!!

thanks again

I do gels, and when I want some color in my gel, I add Creative's Mosaic powder to my gel, then add a bit of glitter in with that. Turn's out real nice.

For summer, I did a yellow french on my hands, thought I would do something different, and got alot of very good comments on them.

hiya me again!

well i did what you said and i mixed the glitter in with some gel!! i'm soo chuffed! they looked spangaly, glittery and now i want some!!!!

thanks again

yeeeey, a girl can never have too much glitter !

"For summer, I did a yellow french on my hands, thought I would do something different, and got alot of very good comments on them"

Did a yellow french [CND Mosaics/Moxie] for my manageress last Thursday decorated with nailtopia fishy stickers. Bright!!!! lol.. great for summer tho.

XX J XX

Are stickers good to use as nailart too then? for l&p do you put them over the acrylic or under?
i always liked the idea of using stickers to put into nail art but wasnt sure exactly how

xx

Are stickers good to use as nailart too then? for l&p do you put them over the acrylic or under?
i always liked the idea of using stickers to put into nail art but wasnt sure exactly how

xx

You can put them on top and seal with polish or sealer
OR
Encase them within the product, that way, making them last longer.

I "usually" encase mine in uv gel.

hth's

thanks for the advice. i already work with coloured gel and i should start with being a bit more creative in my work.but it's actually getting the client to have it. thanks for the advice one again many thanks
alex

thanks for the advice. i already work with coloured gel and i should start with being a bit more creative in my work.but it's actually getting the client to have it. thanks for the advice one again many thanks
alex

you can do sooo much with coloured gel.
in this months issue of professional nails, i have an article on how to do 3d flowers with gel.
if you dont have the mag, you can see it on my website www.angelfingersnails.co.uk.

next week i am preparing a new tutorial to add to it.

Hi Angel,

I can't open ur website:rolleyes: dunno why

Preeti:)

Hi Angel,

I can't open ur website:rolleyes: dunno why

Preeti:)

It should work now - it was dot com and should have been dot co.uk

I found some acrylic glitter powder on ebay. Would it be possible to mix that with the gel? I have just about fallen inlove with the glitter tips but I can't find them anywhere. Any help? But anyway I have decided to give it a go and mix some of my own...

Thanks

Latest posts

Back