Glitter gel ratio anyone ....??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosey

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i would like to know what ratio to use when mixing glitter gel? or is it worth just buying a set? How much for full set or a few sets???? not got a clue lol . thanks in advance :) xx

i dont mix my glitter with my gels.i have a small pot of the gel i want to use with the glitter.i dip my dotting (marbelizing) tool into the gel and the dip it in to the glitter and apply it to the nail.i find it so much easier this way as its less messy and you dont waste any.x

do u use the dotting tool just t create the smile thenyour brush ? ta xx

put your gel on a form (whatever amount u want to mix), then mix in the glitter until you get the desired effect.
hth:)

do u use the dotting tool just t create the smile thenyour brush ? ta xx
no,i use my dotting tool to apply all of it.i then use a wooden citicle stick (the pointy end) to neaten up the smile line if i need to. i hope ive explained it right.

Last edited:
thanks hun will give it a go xx

That's cool, never heard/thought of that. How do you seal the glitter with gel without contaminating a pot of gel with glitter from the nail???

That's cool, never heard/thought of that. How do you seal the glitter with gel without contaminating a pot of gel with glitter from the nail???
i use a seperate pot of gel for my glitter after i have applied and cured the glitter/gel i then apply glear gel over the top using my builder gel.hths.xx

i use a seperate pot of gel for my glitter after i have applied and cured the glitter/gel i then apply glear gel over the top using my builder gel.hths.xx

Can you also Apply acrylic over the top of the gel after removing tacky layer instead of a builder gel?? xx:confused:

im not sure as i have never done it that way,can i ask why you would want to do this?

I was wondering if you use dottin tool to make smile line with gel & glitter then use acrylic over top for strengh.. I seem to get cracks in my gel application and dont know how to fix this... x:confused:

Latest posts

Back