Glitter on gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
Hi girls advice needed!!
I tried being adventurous on one of my clients the other day and put some glitter on her gel nails. I did two costs of the colour as normal cured it then patted the glitter on with my fan brush. Then I put it back under the lamp just in case. The struggle I had was putting the topcoat layer on top. It went really thick and gloopy around the glitter and moved the glitter around s bit when brushing it on. How do I apply the top coat without moving the glitter or getting glitter on my brush???? Thanks girls x

When you apply the glitter you need to burnish it on, so rub it firmly so all the pieces lay flat against the nail plate. I then cover with a clear colour coat before applying top coat.

what glitter are u using. u need to use a decent glitter. i use magpie beauty

what glitter are u using. u need to use a decent glitter. i use magpie beauty
I just got it from Amazon so that must be where I'm going wrong !!! I'll give magpie a go thanks! X

When you apply the glitter you need to burnish it on, so rub it firmly so all the pieces lay flat against the nail plate. I then cover with a clear colour coat before applying top coat.

Amazing thank you!!!

You need to float the top coat over the glitter so your not actually touching the glitter if that makes sense x

Latest posts

Back