Glitter tattoo query.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Delights

Reaction score
Hi all can you please confirm if you have to have any formal training to obtain insurance to be able to offer glitter tattoo's i've been looking for training etc but there is not much about

any help would be appriciated

my insurance company insured me as i was a qualifed beauty therpist to do tattoos but i did do a face painting and glitter tattoo course , i also got another CRB just for the kids party /enternment to cover myself ,i agree theres not a vast info availble out there ,but there is an increaseing amount about tattoos on facepainting sites , and forums hope that helps :D

I think it depends on who you are insured with. Towergate offers insurance for glitter tattoos, face painting and henna without any formal qualifications. I think it is offered under their 'special entertainments insurance'.

Do you need a formal qualification for glitter tattoos if you are insured with the guild?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

The Guild require you to hold a spray tanning certificate.

If you give our Membership Advisors a call on 0845 2177 383 they will talk you through any requirements.

The Guild require you to hold a spray tanning certificate.

If you give our Membership Advisors a call on 0845 2177 383 they will talk you through any requirements.

What has spray tanning got to do with glitter tattoos?

I don't think it's so much the spray tanning itself- I've read on other threads about glitter tattoos that you need some kind of training that involves working with the skin, and knowledge of the skin before you can be insured for any treatments on the body.
Obviously with a spray tanning certificate, this is one type of qualification where you must cover some of this theory, and would then have the appropriate knowledge for glitter tattoos

my insurance company insured me as i was a qualifed beauty therpist to do tattoos but i did do a face painting and glitter tattoo course , i also got another CRB just for the kids party /enternment to cover myself ,i agree theres not a vast info availble out there ,but there is an increaseing amount about tattoos on facepainting sites , and forums hope that helps :D

Where did you do your course if you dont mind me asking been looking for one but there does not seem to be many arround.

Thankyou everyone for the replies, much appriciated, i will check with the insurance companies and i really want to get a course done aswell

I phoned my insurance yesterday to ask this question and they also said because I have a spray tan certificate that I would be covered. I'm with ABT x

As i am in Germany my insurance is with Allianz and face painting and glitter tattoos come under cosmetic/non perminent on my insurance, as long as we dont retail any of the products we are covered.

Thank you, we do plan retail the products as well we are looking to do the applications at shows to show off what the products can do, so i need to be covered, i am looking at all courses available and we will check with a few companies aswell thankyou everyone for your help

Latest posts

Back