Glitter tattoos for children-advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
This is for my granddaughter's 7th birthday party.
I've just been asked to provide some pamper, princessy treatments. I'm fine with mini mani or mini pedi, but would also like to do some glitter tattoos- which I have never done before.

On researching I see I could go down the stencil or transfer route. I will have some time to practise beforehand, but bear in mind I am a novice. Also I am going straight from the party to a show in Liverpool so will I get covered in glitter? :eek:

It will be Easter hols, so it won't matter if the tattoo stays on for a few days. Parents will have to give permission, and inform me of any contra-indications, eg skin conditions.

Any advice will be most welcome, plus any product recommendations - but not too pricey, please.

Many thanks!

Good morning!
If you have any advice, I'd be grateful x

hiya

i used to offer these and the range i used were called "For Now", they came in a wonderful range of colours and glitters and designs etc and were so easy and looked fantastic. As long as you didnt rub them when washing they would stay on for days but easily removed with baby wipes with a circular motion if you wanted to get rid.

They were hypo allergenic and the company stated that they had never yet had a case where a child had reacted so, I think, very safe indeed.

For Now Art Tattoo Stencils | Temporary Tattoos | Kids Temporary Tattoos

they used to have their own website but now available from the above xx

Hi
I use stencils/glitter etc from glitterbodyart .co.uk who are brilliant.

Thanks so much, Blossom.

Will look now.....

Thanks, Soph-ann, that's great.

i use a kit that i bought from glitterbodyart. co.uk it has stencils glitter and glue.

Just remember to check with your insurance company that your covered. I was covered for glitter tattoos as I hold a qualification in make up?!? I got my kit from glitter body art & after a bit of practice they apply lovely and usually last 3-5 days. However, no matter how careful I am I always end up covered in glitter so make sure you wear an apron! Good luck I'm sure you will love it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks so much Avarose and Profbeau!

I am, indeed, wary of the H/S aspects. I agree that you can't be too careful x

I was wondering how you worded the consent and that you are not liable for any negative reactions etc . .. . .as most insurance companies ask for a skin test for the glue 24hr+ before hand … .and this is usually not possible as you are doing it there and then

Confused need the advice of people who have done these before :)

Thanks

I approached parents with a form to give their consent. On the form I stated the contra-indications, and I had a conversation with each Mum. One little girl's Mum asked if she would be alright, moderate skin condition, and I advised no, but on consultation found a mani would be fine, so I did that so that she wasn't left out.
I was only willing to do the tattoos on forearms, thus minimising the risk. Personally, I wouldn't go near faces.
I am not saying my measures would stand up in court.
On the day, it was a great success, but it probably wasn't best practice.

Latest posts

Back