Glitter tips on Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiceHair

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice. I'm trying to do a french polish where I have contrasting glitter tips over 2layers of Shellac polish. How do you get a perfect smile line with the glitter and how do you prevent the rest of the nail plate being contaminated with litte bits of glitter? Help??!! Whenever I do it theres always tge odd bit of glitter gets onto the rest of the nail & I can't get it off! Grrrr xxx

Remove the tacky layer then apply to the area where you want the glitter. Flash cure then apply the glitter. Don't know if that makes sence but that's what I do with gel. Hth

Hi hun, i make a glitter paste, do as normal, after second coat of colour, in a dappen dish mix a tiny bit of top coat with the glitter and using a gel brush just paint on as not would normal French. X then top coat as normal. X x x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Angel bit confused?! Sorry I'm jumping in here x

Remove the tacky layer then apply to the area where you want the glitter. Flash cure then apply the glitter. Don't know if that makes sence but that's what I do with gel. Hth
Do you topcoat before this? As surly you would take the shellac colour off? Or am I confused now as well? xx

Thanks girlies. Think I'll try the paste idea and see how I go. Out of interest do you know of any fingernailfixer tutorials on this? Xx

She sure does! I can't link because I don't have my phone but just give it a quick search on YouTube and you will find it xxx

Think I was half asleep when I replied last night. Even confused myself lol :)

i think angelardn means :

base, cure, 1st color then cure, remove the sticky layer with alcohol (remove the part where u dont want the glitter to be) then put the glitter on the tips. the glitter should stay only on the tip cuz it has the sticky layer! then top coat then cure.

Fingernail Fixer completes a Shellac application, then applies her smile line and cures before applying glitter to the tacky layer of the smile line.
Then if necessary cleans up that glitter smile line before top coating.

I've just done a pop stick testing this out this morning.
I use gelish
Foundation ~ cure
Colour ~ cure
2nd colour ~ cure
Top it off ~ cure
Remove tacky layer
Create French, I used midnight caller (Gary/silver) then cured
Added sliver holographic glitter to French and brushed away excess
I've 2 bottles of top it off one for glitter and one for non glitter use so I just added tio (glitter use bottle) over the French/glitter area then cure then with non glitter bottle I done a full layer of tio

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347179729.191051.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347179729.191051.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 906
Sorry photo not that clear I find it so hard to get a good shot of holo glitter

Fingernail Fixer completes a Shellac application, then applies her smile line and cures before applying glitter to the tacky layer of the smile line.

This is also how I do it. I find any stray glitter can then be cleaned up so easy with out making a mess of your nice polished nails.

Hi Geekling, you wouldn't happen to have that link to fingernail fixer video would you? I've been looking and I can't find it. Sorry to be a pest!!! Xxx

Hi Geekling, you wouldn't happen to have that link to fingernail fixer video would you? I've been looking and I can't find it. Sorry to be a pest!!! Xxx

Here you go, posted by the Fingernail Fixer herself although it took me a while to locate them! :D

Video on making glitter paste:
Making a glitter paste and doing a glitter fade w/Shellac - YouTube

Doing glitter tips:
Shellac Rockstar Toes V3 includes fingernails - YouTube

I'm hoping to try this out myself on Friday evening for a friend so will post a photo of the results.

Lx

This is how I have done it but it does take a while, may try doing a glitter paste.. here is mine a while back before clean up and oil. xx

Attachments

• 221911_136415183168499_1280861069_n.jpg
    221911_136415183168499_1280861069_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3,375
Awh!! Thanks guys! This forum is immense!!! Xxx

The method i used for these were,

Blackpool cured 2mins
Blackpool cured 2mins
TopCoat cured 2mins
Remove tacky layer
Applied purple purple for french cured 2mins
scrub glitter into then topcoat cured 2mins,

you can acheive a lovely crisp smile line with this method hth's :)

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 15,534
Last edited:

Blackpool cured 2mins
Blackpool cured 2mins
TopCoat cured 2mins

These were the beautiful nails that inspired me to have a go :)

Blackpool cured 2mins
Blackpool cured 2mins
TopCoat cured 2mins

These look lovely, which glitter is that?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back