Glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nk nails

Reaction score
I have got some silver pre-glittered tips which I haven't used before. I was wondering if I used clear acrylic instead of gel. would that be ok or would it make the glitter look dull? If you know what I mean. Would I have to apply l&p then buff over the whole nail, top coat it etc to make it really shine again? I hoping I'm making sense :lol:

Also while I've mentioned gel, i might as well ask this other question... I have some hard UV clear gel. I have not done a set of gel nails on a client yet as acrylic and silk have been popular. I been told this hard gel stuff does not soak off. So do I just file it off when clients want gel extensions taken off? Just seems like that would take ages and would weaken the natural nail?

Any advice would be helpful thanks

I have got some silver pre-glittered tips which I haven't used before. I was wondering if I used clear acrylic instead of gel. would that be ok or would it make the glitter look dull? If you know what I mean. Would I have to apply l&p then buff over the whole nail, top coat it etc to make it really shine again? I hoping I'm making sense :lol:
You would apply acrylic over the tips would need to file to finish then top coat with clear varnish or a gel topcoat.
And Hard gels need to be buffed off.

When you buff the hard gel off, do nott buff all the way down to the natural nail, you leave a very thin coating on the nail to grow out, this way no damage is done. :)

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

Try them on yourself first as I got some tips already with the glitter on and after about 4 days the acrylic was coming away from the tip. X

Latest posts

Back