Glitters - how do you do yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

Since we are coming up to christmas I've been wearing my nail graphix glitters which I love. I wear the glitter as a natural nail overlay but unfortunatly I broke my pinkie last week so I did a sculptured nail using clear L&P then the glitter.

The nail looks good but I was thinking once my own nail grows a bit you will see this as the glitter I have on it a little see through.

Should I have used a natural tip instead? What do other peeps do - it is normally tip & overlay you use?

Sorry haven't done a full set yet on a paying client but I have a few lined up just before christmas and I usually sculpt and not tip.

I've done both tip and sculpt - personal choice, and both work fine. Have to say have yet to do NNO with any (well except when your tip/sculpted edge grows out).

Hope your clients love it too!

When sculpting a glitter nail I would lay down the glitter first very thin but dense enough to give coverage and then cap with clear to start building structure. I would then finish off with pink as usual.

HTH

oh right, do I not need the clear underneath the glitter?

I have been doing a layer of clear, glitter then layer of clear again.

Thanks

Well, I've never put down a layer of clear first for a plain glitter tip.

If they want to change back to pink and white at a later date you can just file off the glitter tip and sculpt out a new white one.

I sculpt and mix the glitter in with the white (or mega white or natural or clear)

Is this wrong as this is how i've always done it?

I always have nno with glitter but last week i too broke a nail, my index finger, i cant wear tips as im too heavy handed so tried to sculpt, i put the glitter down first then covered with clear it looks fine and matchs my other nails ( i was amazed lol ), dont think you need to do a layer of clear first :hug:

If it works for you, it can't be wrong :hug:

When I use glitters I always use pre-mixed EZFlow ones....too lazy to mix my own lol!

Phew... i'll carry on them. :)

Excellent, I'm glad I asked the question, saves me time too.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back