Gloves when waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinemoon

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I just wondered what the general opinion was about wearing gloves when waxing?

I have always worn gloves for every type of wax that I perform, this was what I was taught at college and also on my intimate waxing course. I feel for hygiene reasons this is the safest way to wax.

I went to get a wax the other day and I couldn't belive that she didn't wear gloves! :eek:

I have since looked on youtube at demo's and again no gloves??

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance. x x

I was trained using gloves however my lecturer couldn't use them whilst demonstrating as she wasn't shown that way and couldn't get to grips with wearing them after so long of waxing without. However she did say that all students are to be taught using gloves now. So my guess is its maybe a generation thing? As long as the therapists hands are thoroughly washed before and after then it should be fine although gloves do look much more professional and hygenic. As for intimate waxing gloves are a definite. xx

We were taught to wear gloves when waxing too, and i do think it does look more hygenic and proffessional, i have had lots of eyebrow waxing, and other waxing in salons, and they have not used gloves. But i agree, as long as i see them wash their hands, use a hand santiser and there set up looks clean, hygenic and proffessional, and of course the results of their waxing is good, im a happy customer x

I was thinking more as a therapist though rather than a client.

Do other therapists not worry about blood spotting?

at the moment im only doing friends and family, building confidence, and saving, so that when i do set up and advertise, everything is perfect.
As a therpaist i would wear gloves, and ensure that my waxing strips were disposed of in yellow bags, not put in my general household waste!

I wear gloves for doing legs and bikini. However I can't wear gloves for underarm wax or facial wax. I find them to fiddle in these areas.

Kirsty

I always use gloves for all waxing...not only may there be an issue with hygiene etc, but,tbh, the wax comes off the gloves a darn sight easier than my hands! I use vinyl ones that are a size smaller than my hands, so a tight fit, good 'slide ' on the strips and no possible latex allergy problems!

I don't wear gloves for waxing of any kind.

I wear them for nails and feet treatment up to the point of massage and paint/gel/shellac.

Jacqui xx

Hi
I wear gloves for everything bar eyebrows. I just find them too fiddly.
I use the nitrile ones as I just cant get on with vinyl and I hate powdered ones as they make my hands sore!

Caroline xx

For me they are an absolute pain to wear for most waxing, but what i would say is start as you mean to go on and get used to them because its probably going to be necessary for us all in the future.
I only put them on now if there is blood spotting or for more intimate ares but things are changing and im getting used to using them more and more.
Im personally not worried im going to ever catch anything im very aware about hygiene/contact etc but im aware now about what clients are aware of and the way they portray me and the care i take.
I know i take care they only know what they see.

I Always wear gloves for all kinds of waxing - but in the salon i just started working at, i was told not to use gloves apart from doing intimate waxing. However i still wear them, its more hygienic, its safer - i mean Hepatitis isnt a myth !

You keep wearing the gloves, its better to be safe than sorry <3

Latest posts

Back