Glue frustration!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLR

Reaction score
Does anyone else find their glue lids get stuck on the bottle then you fail miserably getting it off?! I clean the tops of the glie tip once im done but still im finding the lids glue shut! Once this happens do I have to just chuck them away? Is it possible to stick them in hot water to try melting it like you do with nail polish bottles?! Seems such a waste!

I drop a tiny amount of Solar oil in my lid before i put it back on and never had any problems getting it on and off!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Good tip, ill try that one in future!

I drop a tiny amount of Solar oil in my lid before i put it back on and never had any problems getting it on and off!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I have lost so many tubes over the years it's was frustrating then I tried Solar Oil and it is fantastic, I wipe the nossle then pop a few drops in the lip and on on the nossle and so far no sticking :D

Good tip AmeliaR, I have the same problem and never thought of doing that.

I usually carry a pair of pliers with me and use them to open the glue lid in the car before I go to the next client. I forgot them the other day and during a treatment with a brand new client I struggled to open the glue so she kindly lent me hers - oh the shame! :o

I once resorted to sawing yes sawing my top off (it was obviously useless after this) I was just so frustrated I could feel there was so much left but couldn't get to it!
Well one day I was checking my kit over and lo and behold glue lid stuck fast, my partner ran off with it came back 5minutes later glue bottle in one hand top in the other, and a smug look on his face!
He held it over the steam from a boiled kettle worked a treat! Obviously be careful though! Scalds ouchy.

I once resorted to sawing yes sawing my top off (it was obviously useless after this) I was just so frustrated I could feel there was so much left but couldn't get to it!
Well one day I was checking my kit over and lo and behold glue lid stuck fast, my partner ran off with it came back 5minutes later glue bottle in one hand top in the other, and a smug look on his face!
He held it over the steam from a boiled kettle worked a treat! Obviously be careful though! Scalds ouchy.

Think I may have to try this on my bottles for now and use the oil on future bottles! I refuse to be defeated lol

So I tried the steam with no luck :( will try pliers tomorrow then if no luck will just have to throw them away and admit defeat :( however got a bit paranoid about new bottle of glue that I used today, after use ?I screwed top on the about a min later went to undo it to check and it already felt a bit "stiff" so put little bit of cuticle oil in lid and around tip and it worked a treat :D thanks for the advice!

I had a tube of gel bond I had only used a couple of times that stuck fast. The tips that were given and worked were...
Go around the cap/nozzle area with your pliers and just squeeze don't twist the cap. This will crack the adhesive (hopefully)
If that doesn't work, and mine didn't put the tube in a bowl of hot water for a couple if minutes. Now that worked great.
Now with the solar oil tip on here my nozzle will never stick again. Thanks :)
Vicki xx

I had a tube of gel bond I had only used a couple of times that stuck fast. The tips that were given and worked were...
Go around the cap/nozzle area with your pliers and just squeeze don't twist the cap. This will crack the adhesive (hopefully)
If that doesn't work, and mine didn't put the tube in a bowl of hot water for a couple if minutes. Now that worked great.
Now with the solar oil tip on here my nozzle will never stick again. Thanks :)
Vicki xx

Thanks for the advice! I tried hot water yesterday but dont think I left it long enough before trying to unscrew! Will attempt again later :) x

Latest posts

Back