Gobsmacked, how do I reply to this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn329

Reaction score
I received the following email today:

I am a fully qualified beauty therapist, and usually do my own acrylic nails. It is always nicer for someone else to do them (as you probably know too!) but of course its cheaper for me to do them myself so I am just wondering how much you charge for a full set of french tip acrylic extensions? Also if you have any deals for fellow therapists? I live xxxxxx and do not drive so I am also wondering if you are mobile? I would really appreciate it if you could do them for me as cheap as possible.

WTF?????? i also use another therapist for my eyelash extensions and pay full price would never enter my head to ask for her to do them for cost ...let alone come to me to!!!!!

how would u reply to this?:eek:

i wouldn't....

sorry to sound blunt but i would just ignore it.

Nails are a funny subject as most nail technicians, nail artists...whatever you may call yourself manage to do their own nails; after all its a canvas to advertise your skills!

However, i do a few treatment swaps with other beauty therapists - e.g lash tints, semi perm lashes - i do theirs in return for mine doing therefore no money exchanges. So, asking you to do her nails I dont think is that rude, perhaps she isnt v good at her own nails. The cheeky part is asking to you to be "cheap" so confirming the cost would be the same as it would to any other client will sort. I would probably reply, saying "hi, I charge £xx for nail enhancements and £xx for shellac/other. I am afraid this does not change person to person, fellow nail technician or not. I am flattered you'd like me to do your nails for you and I would be happy to at any point."

X

i think i will do shes not evening offering a swap of services!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also dont know what she means by we like someone else to do them as i prefer doing them myself unless it was like someone iconic doing them but there again i would pay full price for the privilege:green:

"As a fellow professional, you will understand that it is not the materials involved in the treatment that make up the bulk of the cost, but rather a decent hourly rate in recognition of all our training , practice and skill we apply when treating a client as well as the time it takes.
Im sure you as a professional will feel its only fair that we are adequately rewarded in this way and understand that i keep my prices as reasonable as possible whilst bearing these factors in mind.
Thankyou for your interest."

(now do one)

Well maybe leave out the last sentence ?!

angel fingers last bit is the best lol!!!!

just a thought but she may have seen that I have done two courses with Gemma Lambert ;)

yeah sure my nails have improved immensly since this and only been doing acrylics for a year (was formerly gel) but hell training to be good costs us!!!!

Perhaps this lady just hasnt worded herself very well. I dont think theres any harm in approaching you and asking if you would do a deal for a fellow therapist. I know she hasnt mentioned a trade swap but if it is something you would be interested in perhaps you could propose that in your reply (subject to seeing her portfolio of course to ensure her work is at the standard you would expect). Personally if a therapist approached me and offered me a trade swap I would be very interested.

Latest posts

Back