Going from blonde back to dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileNails

Reaction score
Im naturally dark, and normally dye it black as i love it! Very Katie Price style!!

However, after having a baby 4 months ago, i decided to try blonde!! So, my hairdresser has done a fantastic job of stripping the black and giving me mid-blonde highlights.

But........iv grown bored of it!!! :irked:

I want to go black again. Is it possible to buy a home dye (sorry professionals!!) and just go straight back?? Or will it have to be gradual, in the same way the blonde was done gradually??!! My hair isnt in bad condition, regular trims etc....

Any advice greatly recieved!!!

Im naturally dark, and normally dye it black as i love it! Very Katie Price style!!

However, after having a baby 4 months ago, i decided to try blonde!! So, my hairdresser has done a fantastic job of stripping the black and giving me mid-blonde highlights.

But........iv grown bored of it!!! :irked:

I want to go black again. Is it possible to buy a home dye (sorry professionals!!) and just go straight back?? Or will it have to be gradual, in the same way the blonde was done gradually??!! My hair isnt in bad condition, regular trims etc....

Any advice greatly recieved!!!

Hello Smilenails, congratulations on having your new baby :hug:
I hope you don't take this the wrong way....but... as you have sort of pointed out above yourself .... this is a professional forum and it states in the salon geeks rules....
That we as Professionals cannot give any DIY or OTC product advice about Hair, Beauty, Waxing Skin or Nails !.... also it's how we all earn our bread and butter,
so why would we want to do this to each other :eek:

as you must know yourself any kind of DIY OTC home kits can go drastically wrong especially if you are not fully trained or qualified in that specific area ....

Therefore....... you would be far better going to a professional hairdresser or even a College and ask them to assess your hair for you first
and ask for them to do some test pieces firstso you can see what is achievable .... most good salons will do this for free :)

With DIY OTC kits you could be risking your hair going dark Khaki ,
its just not worth taking the risk :sad:
good luck and let us know how you get on :) minky

sorry!!!
I doubt i woulda done a DIY anyway - iv had bad experiences in the past (hair falling out etc!! :Scared:)
I guess what i was meaning is if its as easy to go to the salon and go straight back to black? Or if it would be a gradual process!! (im hopin not!!) And with hormones all wrong with having the baby etc is it prone to more damage?
I will defo book a strand test and keep your fingers crossed il be back to feeling my glamorous self soon!!!

Thank you minky!! :biggrin:

sorry!!!
I doubt i woulda done a DIY anyway - iv had bad experiences in the past (hair falling out etc!! :Scared:)
I guess what i was meaning is if its as easy to go to the salon and go straight back to black? Or if it would be a gradual process!! (im hopin not!!) And with hormones all wrong with having the baby etc is it prone to more damage?
I will defo book a strand test and keep your fingers crossed il be back to feeling my glamorous self soon!!!

Thank you minky!! :biggrin:

Hi Smilenails , :hug: I should think they would do some test pieces for you it may be suitable for a quasi semi permanent which will give it lots of shine
they may also have to pre pigg it for you first and apply a porosity filler, but they will assess your hair first and see what is the best base colour to use along with added warm tones to counteract any khaki tones .
Would you consider booking in to a College ?
as they would be crying out for fab hair jobs like these plus they are a fraction of the price :) x minky

yes im totally open to goin into colleges - i know from doing beauty therapy that you always needs clients!!! so i think i will pop down to my local college and see......its not a bad idea anyway as dont want to upset my hairdresser by ruining all her good work so i can now say i was needed in college as a client!!!!! :wink2:
Thank you for the fab idea!!!!!!!

You can tell im not a hairdresser......i just assumed as i was going back dark it would just be done in a one, never thought about the khaki tones and porosity filler!!!! Duh me!!!!

Latest posts

Back