Going from blonde highlights to full head medium brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungle

Reaction score
My daughters wants to go back dark, from blonde highlights base 9-10, very porous after using wella Blondor. Natural base colour is 4.
she would like to be a cool medium brown base 4.
I know I need to pre pig but not sure what to use, I was thinking .34ct & for desired end colour result 4/77ct for a cool chocolate brown shade.
Any other ideas much appreciated.

Last edited:
My daughters wants to go back dark, from blonde highlights base 9-10, very porous after using wella Blondor. Natural base colour is 4.
she would like to be a cool medium brown base 4.
I know I need to pre pig but not sure what to use, I was thinking .34ct & for desired end colour result 4/77ct for a cool chocolate brown shade.
Any other ideas much appreciated.
Perfecton is a better pre pig formula if you have access to it. But if you prefer to use colour touch to pre pig it would be better for you to use 66/44 to pre pig and then apply 4/71 as the base colour. Using both with 1.9% :)

Perfecton is a better pre pig formula if you have access to it. But if you prefer to use colour touch to pre pig it would be better for you to use 66/44 to pre pig and then apply 4/71 as the base colour. Using both with 1.9% :)
Thanks Ronray, does ct only last about 15 washes? ☺️

Thanks Ronray, does ct only last about 15 washes? ☺
It differs from person to person there's a lot of factors to take in consideration when comparing longevity. I would definitely recommend using colour touch over koleston or illumina, especially for such a dramatic change :)

I was going to use kp 4:0 & 4:07 but I’m rubbish at colours x
My daughter wants it to be a cool brown, won’t the red in the pre pig make it too warm ronray? Xx

Would you do it on dry hair or wet ?

Last edited:
I was going to use kp 4:0 & 4:07 but I’m rubbish at colours x
My daughter wants it to be a cool brown, won’t the red in the pre pig make it too warm ronray? Xx
If we refer to the lightening curve. We should really put back in to the hair, what has been removed.
I personally think 66/44 will be ideal pre pig and then follow with the 4/17 this will leave you with a nice cool brown, that won't look dull, unlike the 4/0 might.

Would you do it on dry hair or wet ?
Towel dried :)

If we refer to the lightening curve. We should really put back in to the hair, what has been removed.
I personally think 66/44 will be ideal pre pig and then follow with the 4/17 this will leave you with a nice cool brown, that won't look dull, unlike the 4/0 might.

Attachments

• lightning-curve.jpg
    lightning-curve.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 44
Is the 4/17 ct or kp? Or did u mean to write 4/71ct ...
thank you, appreciate all your help..! x

Just checked with Adel wholesale & they don’t have any 4/71ct in stock. Just my luck Xx

Last edited:
Is the 4/17 ct or kp? Or did u mean to write 4/71ct ...
thank you, appreciate all your help..! x
Sorry 4/71 is what I meant

Thanks ronray, I did think u meant 4/71, lol.
Thanks for the great advice once again.
I loved Lauren’s blonde hair but she doesn’t like the dark roots.

Hi Ronray, coloured my daughters hair, she’s back dark but it’s quite warm brown, more mahogany. Xx

Sorry 4/71 is what I meant
Hi @ronray, my daughters hair looks lovely but it’s a warm brown, more mahogany than cool with 4/71ct xx

For every 30g 5/1 I'd add 3g of 0/68 :)

For every 30g 5/1 I'd add 3g of 0/68 :)

What tone will it give, cos it’s quite red now x

Thanks for the advice @ronray. Much appreciated❤

Wouldn’t 0/88ct cancel out the red tone better than 0/68ct ? I’m confused x

Attachments

• A2DC2120-7DAC-4AD3-806A-80CF535E853C.jpeg
    A2DC2120-7DAC-4AD3-806A-80CF535E853C.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 31
Wouldn’t 0/88ct cancel out the red tone better than 0/68ct ? I’m confused x
Yes, sorry I completely forgot about the 0/88.
I never worked much with the colour touch special mix, so I'm a little rusty when it comes to them :)

So do u think 0:88 would be better. Xx

So do u think 0:88 would be better. Xx
Yeah I suppose logically it would. The only thing I'd be weary of, is that 0/88 can be quite dense, so it could leave the hair slightly darker. But if she's a level 4 anyway that should be fine.

Yeah I suppose logically it would. The only thing I'd be weary of, is that 0/88 can be quite dense, so it could leave the hair slightly darker. But if she's a level 4 anyway that should be fine.

Attachments

• 0740C548-067F-4E5B-8DC4-0A86BB826E70.jpeg
    0740C548-067F-4E5B-8DC4-0A86BB826E70.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 40
I like it but daughter hates the auburn look

I need to tone down the red but I don’t have anything atm

Hmm that still looks quite light...
5/1 would be okay. Having seen how red it is, I'm not sure I'd add the 0/88 reason being (red+blue = violet) it could very well leave you with a plum tone.
0/88 would be ideal if the hair was orange.

Latest posts

Back