Going from platinum to an 8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle H.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I want to start off by saying I'm not a professional. I know that my knowledge barley scratches the surface of what the professionals know. So thank you so much for all your feed back.

My husband and I have fallen on some tougher times. Like no TV , Internet, and I'm so freaking tired of pasta... type of tough times. That's why Ive gone the DIY route.

Currently I have platinum hair. The first in right now is yellow, because I tried to bleach it. I used "quick blue" and 20 developer. I bleached my hair about 3 days ago.

I think it would be smarter to start going back to my natural hair color. My only fear is that the platinum hair will turn a muddy grey brown.

To my understanding, if I use a warm tone up to the yellow line(what I did 3 days ago), then I can apply the neutral tone. And my hair won't turn out muddy. Is this correct?

Sorry to hear you have fallen on hard times but I'm afraid the rules of the site are that we cannot give technical information to non professionals. I suggest you head to a training salon. I had to do colour corrections for about £20 when I was a trainee. Much better than ruining your own hair.

Sorry, I guess I should of read the site rules. Thanks for letting me know

No problem, I hope you find a training salon. They are lovely places to go! So cheap and you actually get about three people's opinions rather than one :).

Latest posts

Back