Going Mobile.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_Stardust

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you out there can give me an idea of what your startup costs were for going mobile. I currently work in a very busy high street salon and will be going mobile come next September maybe sooner. I've a feeling I'll have plenty of clients following me thankfully, a few have already have semi-hissy fits until i promised I'd come to their houses lol. I've done a basic list of what I'll need to do waxing, tinting, m/c's, p/c's, massage, lash extensions and I've got a bench mark of around £600 (lash extentions making up £150 of that) I'm looking into skincare ranges but i will not settle for wholesale brands so thats in the air just now.
I'l only be working evenings/weekends as it'l be an income whilst I'm at uni for 4/5 years so I'm not wanting to overspend and not get it back/make it worthwhile. Thankfully I've already got a bed,foot spa, towels and many manicure implements so takes that expense out of the list. Its mostly products and a new roller wax system as I can't be bothered hauling my pot about. Nails will be Seche and Essie, Clean&Easy wax, and was thinking of trying the refecto cil tint - has anyone got experince of this brand. I currently like Combinal but i'd like to skimp down a bit on tint costs as it isn't a high spend per treatment. (plus i like the thought of red and chestnut tint!)

Any other products experience or mobile advice would be helpful plus where to get a heavy duty trolly case, i'd like one purely to use as a table aswell lol.

Thanks much guys!
Lady Stardust
XXX

hi, good luck with your mobile business i think evenings and weekends are when most people look for appointments as there home from work that time, and weekends a lot of people go out so i think your picking the peak times to be offering treatments, i would use good products, expensive i know but at least you willbe confident knowing your offering good ranges also it means you can charge accordingly, for waxing i use the euroblonde by perron rigot as my hot wax (its brilliant) for my warm wax im looking at switching from pot and spatula to clean and easy roler system, facials im currently using dermalogica but thinking off switching to agologie just awaiting samples before making final choice, manicure and pedicure i never invested in a range just used salon services but now im finding manicures getting very popular so am thinking of creative or opi,and im looking at vani-t tan at present. its brilliant tat you are allready starting with a client base as thats usually the worse part trying to build one up. so hope all goes well for you

Hi
Lenna gives sound advice-I'll follow it myself lol!!!! With regard to start-up, I went to Beauty UK and grabbed loads of advice and bargains including an excellent Trolley case. Professional Beauty North should be running October-ish in Manchester and will probably have similar bargains, product info and advice. Also Scottish Beauty, but I think that might be around May 2009. Good Luck!!!

Latest posts

Back