Goldwell silk lightener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absie

Reaction score
so ive not seen this in either of my two local salon wholesalers.

Is it a direct account product or am I just unlucky with my local stores?

I'm wanting to try it as I've been informed it's great for Balyage

If your wholesaler carries goldwell they should have the silklift line as well.
It comes in ammonia free and strong. You have to use the dedicated developer for the line though, otherwise you won't get the conditioning you require out of it.
Keep in mind though that it doesn't lift as well as the oxycur platin even with the strong and I wouldn't say the consistency is that great for balayage.
Maybe look into freelights by Wella. It has a similar lift profile but the consistency is great for freehand work.

If your wholesaler carries goldwell they should have the silklift line as well.
It comes in ammonia free and strong. You have to use the dedicated developer for the line though, otherwise you won't get the conditioning you require out of it.
Keep in mind though that it doesn't lift as well as the oxycur platin even with the strong and I wouldn't say the consistency is that great for balayage.
Maybe look into freelights by Wella. It has a similar lift profile but the consistency is great for freehand work.
yhanks for the reply.

No, my whole saler sells Goldwell but not the silk lift... I asked and they said no They can't get it, they think it might be a direct account, but they didn't know.
I am intending to use the Wella freelighys as I've used this before, but wanted to use two to give a nice multi / varied look as I know different products give different end results.

Silk lift is only available direct in the U.K. It is great for balyage :)

Silk lift is only available direct in the U.K. It is great for balyage :)
Thanks for the confirmation... Damn.

And is it the same with goldwell as it is with Wella, the direct accounts need to do X amount of business...?

Thanks for the confirmation... Damn.

And is it the same with goldwell as it is with Wella, the direct accounts need to do X amount of business...?
No Goldwell are much better, I think minimum order is around £60 :)

Iok great...that's a dedicate possibility then. Thanks for the info

Iok great...that's a dedicate possibility then. Thanks for the info
Do you have a rep yet? What area are you in?

Ah I'm Wales, I don't think Gary goes out of Wales, these are the numbers for Goldwell tho, if you ring them in sure they'll sort you out :)
01323 432100
02035 401200

Latest posts

Back