Good Idea or Bad? Re: mobile and skin tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy-bee

Reaction score
Apologies for all the questions Im posting...... and for all the questions yet to come lol :)

I was just reading through the threads on starting up mobile and about doing the skin test for colour.

As it would be using my fuel to go out 24/48 hours in advance to test a client, would it be a silly idea to charge them say £2-£3 for the test, but then say knock it off the price of the colour when they have it done?
So if you charge £20 for colour, its £2 for the skin test and £18 on the day of the colour?

Just thinking of covering costs if they change their mind and dont go ahead with the actual colour?

Or do you all do the skin test for free?

Apologies for all the questions Im posting...... and for all the questions yet to come lol :)

I was just reading through the threads on starting up mobile and about doing the skin test for colour.

As it would be using my fuel to go out 24/48 hours in advance to test a client, would it be a silly idea to charge them say £2-£3 for the test, but then say knock it off the price of the colour when they have it done?
So if you charge £20 for colour, its £2 for the skin test and £18 on the day of the colour?

Just thinking of covering costs if they change their mind and dont go ahead with the actual colour?

Or do you all do the skin test for free?

Sounds like an awful lot of fuss personally

You can buy a box of skin tests & just post them out. I cant remember off the top of my head what they're called but its much more cost effective than driving out if you're mobile.

You can buy a box of skin tests & just post them out. I cant remember off the top of my head what they're called but its much more cost effective than driving out if you're mobile.

You have to check your insurance covers you to use them and a lot unfortunately do not.

They are called colour start

I'm mobile and if I havnt skin tested I just get them to sign a consent form to cover my back :)

I'm mobile and if I havnt skin tested I just get them to sign a consent form to cover my back :)

Sorry but you may as well wipe your bum with the consent form...!

Are you fully qualified and insured? What advice does your insurance company provide?

If anything goes wrong, you will be sued and you will lose.

That wont cover your back im afraid.....wouldnt even cover a shoulder.... patch test is the only way insurance will cover you. And colour start patches wont cut it either
xx

NHL currently offer insurance for upto a year if the clients has the same colour then you don't need to test them for 12 months. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing really xx

when i was mobile, if a new customer phoned up wanting a colour, i used to explain that i couldnt do it without a skin test, so what i could do is come round a do a cut and blowdry, and say that would also give me a chance to do a thorough colour consultation with my colour chart, this would also give me a chance to make sure i had the colour in stock, they were always pleased with this

What I do is I always do a consultation before a colour service for new clients. I go out to them for free to do skin test and go through my form, then I ask for a deposit of £7.50 which is non refundable if cancelled without rescheduled, then I take £7.50 off the final treatment price. Hope this has helped a bit x

I do 50% deposit which is refundable if 48 hours notice is given for cancellation. Most don't cancel or cancel in the time they can't be refunded, I don't stock colours unless I have bought it before, so that covers the price of the colour if it's not used after purchase xoxo

Latest posts

Back