Goodbye acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
so after another bad reaction this week I've had enough of using acrylics buy how do I tell my clients without them getting annoyed??

I thought something along the lines of sorry for the inconvenience but I will no longer be offering acrylics due to the fact I am allergic to the products ..........

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tough one. Possibly give them a couple of alternative nail techs they can use instead (who are JUST nail techs, and not competition for you) I don't offer enhancements / gels / acrylics and it seems to work well having a 'buddy' nail tech I can advise people to go to rather than just saying "I don't do that" It also means clients stick with me for all their other treatments. Good luck :)

thats the problem as I don't think there are any well not that I know of ...

I'm allergic to acrylic liquid so have moved over to used the I.nails acrylic system and my clients love it!

I'm allergic to acrylic liquid so have moved over to used the I.nails acrylic system and my clients love it!

oh I haven't heard of this, do they have a website I could look at?

Here's some inails I've done

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440960726.636413.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440960758.600823.jpg

If you google it should come up :)

Can you use uv gel? Brisa is almost as robust as acrylics, you could offer them a reduced infill with that and keep all the clients, I bet they wouldn't know the difference x

just to add, i only meant a reduction the first time lol

Ooo sorry to jump on but I am allergic to acrylic liquid and powder.is it called i nails?? I have never heard of it either x

If you google I.nails you should find their website. Have a look on my fb page Jens gels Corsham and you can see what they come out like :)

A few years ago I started to develop allergies as well. I managed to sort out my issues by eliminating HEMA - Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate.

I now only use HEMA free products and that along with safe application techniques minimising over exposure to products means I don't have any issues any more.

I'm not saying this would solve your issues but it might be worth looking into.

NSI have a monomer and primer which are HEMA free.

Please ask me if you have any further questions.

so after another bad reaction this week I've had enough of using acrylics buy how do I tell my clients without them getting annoyed??

I thought something along the lines of sorry for the inconvenience but I will no longer be offering acrylics due to the fact I am allergic to the products ..........

Do you do gel? Maybe a good alternative if you don't want to lose your enhancement clients? X

Has anyone got a link to the I Nails? I cant seem to find it? What is it exactly?

Has anyone got a link to the I Nails? I cant seem to find it? What is it exactly?
Just goto Boots and buy a pack of pop on nails it's basically the same, why any professional nail tech would use these is beyond me .. Each to their own I guess

Latest posts

Back