Goody bag plan - opinions please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm planning on having goody bags made of cotton (you know the lightweight ones with the long handles you can use as a carrier bag or on your shoulder) and having my name and website and stuff on it in royal blue (lettering - blue, bag - eau de nil, so it is pretty but unisex) and having stuff like a peppermint tea bag (cooling i thought, which means that it is bound to pour down with rain), scrub sachet, lollipop, tanning moisturiser (can't think what the real name is for it right now, top up stuff), a chocolate and leaflets etc...

However I really wanted to know if anyone could think of anything else I could put in it and what you think of the bag and printing. Do you think that cotton bags are a good idea? Or are they too expensive and I should go for a cheaper option ( I hate the word cheap, it sounds so...cheap!)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Lx

Hiyah

I looked into having these bags to advertise my business as at present cotton bags are so fashionable and I thought it was a great way of advertising and fill them with lots of nice freebies but the cost of these bags for a small quantity costs a fortune and way out of my budget that I had set aside.. in the end I decided on paper bags with twisted handles to use for my goodie bags (fairly environmmentally freindly).

PM me and I will give you the details

hth
Sue :)

I think that these type of bags have really taken off with consumers now, you can walk into any supermarket/shop and they will have their own version on them for sale branded with their own logo. When I bought my car last week from a main dealer, they even gave me one of these bags with their logo on it (didn't have any goodies in it though :( )

However, like what has been said, the cost of these bags can be fairly expensive, so it all would depend how many you were wanting printed. Its a fantastic idea though, one that I would never have thought of!

I get brown sandwich bags with handles from home bargains 10 for 89p, like the ones you get at posh sandwich shops and chinese.

I customise them by spraying a copper ohm sign on them.

I also have had some pretty labels with RETAIL THERAPY @ GURU (biz cards from vistaprint), i hole punch it and attach it to the handles with a piece of raffia.

Inside I have put:
voucher for money off a specified treatment
herbal tea bag
incense stick
price list
biz card
affirmation (which I printed off computer)
personalised balloon
some sachets of products
sanctuary eye gel pot

their is someone on ebay that does personalised chocs and personalised lovehearts.

I got my personalised balloons off ebay.

Hi Guys

I thought it was a lot of money too but with all the free advertising (ppl carrying them around) I thought perhaps it might be worth it. I was given a quote which with the bags was about £90 for 50 bags :eek: but I'm not sure if it really is the best way, although I do live in an affluent area (lots of rich 'ladies wot lunch' all seeming to be having babies, must be something in the water :eek: so only bottled for me!) and I would imagine they would respond well to the whole free aspect (everyone loves a freebie!) and the environmentally friendly bit but you may be right, I mean I haven't even really started properly yet and I'm possibly frittering money away on stuff that may get me at best 2-3 clients. I should really perhaps sit and do my sums again (not hard as absolutely skint) so maybe little recycleable ones and a stencil as hippy-chick says. I don't know, I do love spending money but I do need to be sensible too! I'm not sure it would be worth the initial outlay and I could play with spray paints and pretend I am a teenage boy! That could be amusing! :) Lx

Ps do Home Bargins have places all over the place? Do they have a website?

Hi There

I think that this is a fab idea hun!
As long as the cost is in your bugdet I think the goody bag is a real thoughtful extra :)

Latest posts

Back