Salon opening goody bags

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I shal be opening my new salon on the 1st September, but plan to have an open day the saturday before (hoping all is ready). I thought I would do a small but nice goody bag for all bookings taken that day. I would like some ideas as to what to put in it, here are a few things I thought of.

Firstly I have had some small size fridge magnets made with my business name and tel.no. ( very colourful) then I thought a small (tiny size) solar oil, but then came a little unstuck after that , any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Carol
Cottage Nails/Beauty:hug:

what other treatments are you offering? you could get samples from the ranges you are using and put them in the goody bags too

Sounds like a fab idea... but be warned there are people out there that will just "book" to get something for free... maybe tell them the first 20 booked.. or something like that... the mag's sound like a great idea... well done.. stick it on the fridge and they will look at it 10times a day...

what colours did you do your salon in?.. We are in the middle of debates about what colour to paint and change etc... I dont own the salon just rent the space but i have know him 14 or so years so he makes me feel part of the team..
make sure you take some pic and post them for us to see

what other treatments are you offering? you could get samples from the ranges you are using and put them in the goody bags too

Also you could put a price list in, maybe a small info leaflet on your products you use and maybe a scented tealight (vanilla always goes down well). Can you get some balloons with your co.name printed on them? A voucher for money off a treatment when they buy a treatment full price or a free mini mani or something like this (only when they buy a full price treatment just to get them on your books)?

Um, can't think of anything else just now, but do a search, I'm sure you'll find lots of other ideas! Good luck :green:

xx

That sound like a great idea. Only thing I would maybe do is say that if they book on the opening day that they will recieve their goody bag on day of treatment to stop some people booking you and then not showing up. You know what some people are like!

What about putting in a discount voucher for a subsequent treatment?

A service menu and price list!

I would maybe do goodie bags for everyone...and include in there a discount voucher for treatments booked within so many days or something like that.

And perhaps any samples...oil, hand cream etc, It doesnt all have to be 'nails' either does it...couple of choccies perhaps.

Hi Carole have you heard of vistaprint, pm me for more details not sure whether I can give more details on this thread, good luck with the open day:hug:

I think the fridge magnet is a great idea.

Also put in a price list and any product leaflets you may have. When I worked in a Clarins Salon we used to have samples that we put into the gift bags and stuff so if you've got product samples put some of them in.

Also we used to sell the Clarins perfume and we had samples of those too.

A gift voucher giving a 'mini' treatment away is a perfect compliment to a goody bag, put a time limit on them though.

Also invest is a good little goody bag with your salons name and contact details on as this will be a reusable bag as well as cutting down on the environmental problems of throw away bags.

Good luck!

That sound like a great idea. Only thing I would maybe do is say that if they book on the opening day that they will recieve their goody bag on day of treatment to stop some people booking you and then not showing up. You know what some people are like!

What about putting in a discount voucher for a subsequent treatment?
I agree with this as people will take the mick given half a chance,
other items could be
small nail brush
small nail file
exfoliating glove (just 1)
i like the chocs idea lol
hth

What ever skincare you have gone for, they should give you samples for the goodie bags. Also ask your skincare company for a raffle prize too.

Ask the skincare rep to attend the open day and give mini facial demos too.

I love the fridge magnet idea - I think I will be using that one

HI THERE YOU FAB PEOPLE>

PETER PAN :)
MDSKORA:)
REDSADIE :)
PRETTY IN PINK :)
ANNABANNAX :)
BE BEAUTIFUL :)
RIVONE :)
LOUBYLOU :)
GLAMOUR BEAUTY :)

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPERB IDEAS, I AM GLAD YOU LIKE THE MAGNET IDEA, THEY ARE FROM VISTA PRINT AND THERES LOTS OF OFFERS THERE AT THE MOMENT, TAKE A PEAK. UNFORTUNATELY I USE CRYSTAL CLEAR PRODUCTS AND THEY DO NOT DO SAMPLES, SO AS SUGGESTED I MAY REQUEST A RAFFLE PRIZE (IF I DARE). I HAVE DECORATED ALL THE WALLS WHITE, WITH LAMINATE FLOORING IN BEECH, INSET CEILING LIGHTS, AND USED ICE BLUE TWIG LIGHTS IN FLOOR VASES FOR DECOR, VERY MINIMAL BUT COOL. AS YOU ALL SEEM TO LIKE THE IDEA OF CHOCHS IN THE GOODY BAG, I HAVE FOUND SOME ON A WEBSITE, HEART SHAPED CHOCS WITH LIGHT BLUE FOIL WRAPPING WHICH WOULD MATCH MY MAGNETS,PRICE LISTS ETC. ALSO A FREE MINI MANI OR MAYBE A FILE N POLISH WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION, GOSH I HAVE SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT AND NOT ENOUGH TIME:eek:

I HAVE TAKEN ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS AND IDEAS ON BOARD, AND I WILL MAYBE HOLD THE GOODIE BAG UNTIL THEY ARRIVE FOR THERE APPOINTMENT. THANKYOU SO MUCH, WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES, SORRY TO WITTER ON, BUT A GREAT BIG THANKYOU TO YOU ALL. :hug: X :hug: X

LOL CAROL
COTTAGE NAILS/BEAUTY

HI THERE YOU FAB PEOPLE>

PETER PAN :)
MDSKORA:)
REDSADIE :)
PRETTY IN PINK :)
ANNABANNAX :)
BE BEAUTIFUL :)
RIVONE :)
LOUBYLOU :)
GLAMOUR BEAUTY :)

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPERB IDEAS, I AM GLAD YOU LIKE THE MAGNET IDEA, THEY ARE FROM VISTA PRINT AND THERES LOTS OF OFFERS THERE AT THE MOMENT, TAKE A PEAK. UNFORTUNATELY I USE CRYSTAL CLEAR PRODUCTS AND THEY DO NOT DO SAMPLES, SO AS SUGGESTED I MAY REQUEST A RAFFLE PRIZE (IF I DARE). I HAVE DECORATED ALL THE WALLS WHITE, WITH LAMINATE FLOORING IN BEECH, INSET CEILING LIGHTS, AND USED ICE BLUE TWIG LIGHTS IN FLOOR VASES FOR DECOR, VERY MINIMAL BUT COOL. AS YOU ALL SEEM TO LIKE THE IDEA OF CHOCHS IN THE GOODY BAG, I HAVE FOUND SOME ON A WEBSITE, HEART SHAPED CHOCS WITH LIGHT BLUE FOIL WRAPPING WHICH WOULD MATCH MY MAGNETS,PRICE LISTS ETC. ALSO A FREE MINI MANI OR MAYBE A FILE N POLISH WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION, GOSH I HAVE SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT AND NOT ENOUGH TIME:eek:

I HAVE TAKEN ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS AND IDEAS ON BOARD, AND I WILL MAYBE HOLD THE GOODIE BAG UNTIL THEY ARRIVE FOR THERE APPOINTMENT. THANKYOU SO MUCH, WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES, SORRY TO WITTER ON, BUT A GREAT BIG THANKYOU TO YOU ALL. :hug: X :hug: X

LOL CAROL
COTTAGE NAILS/BEAUTY

Good luck hun!

I would give booking customer a can opener so they dont break there nails on them. ( Good for me also haha) something like this one . I would do some acrylic art on them like the pic below this one. I heard that you can make youre own openers with big tips but did not try this jet
29msoqf.jpg

xugp0.jpg

That's a really good idea! Do you know where you would buy these from? I was considering also putting a pair of rubber gloves in one too :)

xx

Latest posts

Back