Gradient glittered acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampm Nail Tech

Reaction score
Hi all. I have searched high & low on here & tutorials but I'm just not finding what I need. Can any one help??

I have a client booked in who would like gradient acrylic glitter nails. I'm more than capable of providing a set of glittered acrylics, however I've never done a two tone gradient.

Does anyone have advice of how to achieve, or have a link to any good tutorials please?

Any help much appreciated.

Heres a pic of what I've got to recreate. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371940020.567265.jpg

Try searching ombre nails instead I vaguely remember a geek doing a tutorial

For gradient L&P nails with a darker tip, I keep in mind where I want my smile line, but feather zone 1 into zone 2 using the reverse method, and then feather the base colour up to where my smile line should be (if using a semi-transparent colour). I think this would give you the effect you are looking for in the picture, and its pretty easy to do. I work mostly with acrylic, but I'm sure this would probably work with gel as well. I've been thinking of trying this out with gel and using a dotting/marbling tool to blend the colours, and want to try doing acrylic gradients by thinking of the nails in more than 3 sections and picking up 2 different coloured beads in different ratios and trying to make them blend... not sure if it'll work at all but could be fun to play around with, and if it doesn't work I'm hoping it might give a different neat effect. hth

Latest posts

Back