Granny grey toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your ever stuck not having grey toners you can mix 10.0 with a smidge of 1. The more 1 u put in the steeler it will be :)

If your ever stuck not having grey toners you can mix 10.0 with a smidge of 1. The more 1 u put in the steeler it will be :)

As in base 1? X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes base 1, I did this for my test cuts they were lush

I read an article somewhere that suggested using 1/ at the shampoo bowl as a toner for silvery blonde hair.

Never tried it. I can't imagine it would last very long.

Anyone ever felt like processing time and longevity were correlated, especially for toner?

For instance, shades eq is only supposed to be processed on dry hair for full development time and the deposit controlled by adding crystal clear rather than processing time. I find it lasts longer than say koleston processed for only a few minutes.

Cams has mentioned that the infamouse "toning with a highlift" takes very quickly, but fades faster.

I wonder too if folks use the highlift in an effort to bump up when the lightener hasn't quite achieved the required canvas?

Wonder what adding "a sprinkle of bleach" would do for a toner!😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes base 1 it didn't last very long to be honest but them kind of colours don't :/ goldwell have a permant range called elluemen that u can do a mix with xxx

Elumen! Do they have a grey?

No you have to mix a few together will find out for u

It's ab@9 with smidge of na@1 and clear if I remember correctly x

Joico have a gorgeous new Grey called Titanium - unfortunately its seems its only available in Australia at the moment.
I'm gonna hound my rep untilI get it so I'll let you know when I get my hands on it!

X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1429744496.864277.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431422033.580068.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431422056.162833.jpg

Not sure if you'll be able to see these but the first is a lighter blue based grey using 10/88 plus 1g 22/0 and pastel and the second is 2 parts 7/81 and 9/60 with pastel

I want to love the illumina best, but i don't. I'm wild about the top pic!

Does the hair need to be white to achieve this? Have a client booked in on thur she is a younger client and normally gets full head bleached foils 3% . Would i get this result of a level 10 warm?

Hair has to be white. Any warm tones will make it muddy looking.

Actually, the hair doesn't need to be white. Pale yellow is fine.

Used 7/89 colour touch tonight. Its gorgeous [emoji7] will post a pic soon x

I've used the 7/89. It's gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back