Grape Gum Shellac, streaking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Ra

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced slight streaking with Grape Gum Shellac?

Has anyone else experienced slight streaking with Grape Gum Shellac?

Grape gum is one of the more challenging colours of Shellac to apply. But it is worth the effort of an extra coat for a perfect finish. You have to adapt to different pigments sometimes. Use a little more, use a little less .... You know like we do with many things. X. It is a beautiful colour though and the results are well worth it.

Thanks :) I did apply a third coat and its much better! Love the colour :)

Yep, three thin coats & the colour is lovely 😄

make sure you give it a really good shake as well, i've found the pigment in this colour tends to sink to the bottom more than other colours :D

When I did some training last week, we specifically chose one of the challenging colours and were able to keep it to two coats by allowing the second coat to settle for a few seconds before taking a very light touch to it again with a little colour on the brush, before putting it in the lamp. This allowed the second coat to be enough coverage, therefore saving time by not doing a third.

Great thanks everyone :)

I definitely agree the third coat is the way to go. I bought it a few weeks back and had the same problem that only seems to have been fixed by adding an extra coat. It's worth it, I think it's such a beautiful colour!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

So glad i've seen this as last night I applied Grape Gum for the first time and thought i'd done something wrong it was so streaky! I applied a 3rd coat and it looked beautiful but i've never had to do this with any other Shellac colour.

So glad i've seen this as last night I applied Grape Gum for the first time and thought i'd done something wrong it was so streaky! I applied a 3rd coat and it looked beautiful but i've never had to do this with any other Shellac colour.

Well, sometimes you do. Look at it this way, the gel users have to do it all the time. lol

Well, sometimes you do. Look at it this way, the gel users have to do it all the time. lol
True, I use gel too and have to say that Shellac Is a breeze to apply compared to gel. I'm so used to Shellac going on like a dream that when Grape Gum went streaky I thought I must have picked up top coat instead of base coat :(

What training was this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Adore Grape Gum! Give the bottle a good shake and no issues, 2 coats covers perfectly without streaking.

Latest posts

Back