Great Lengths or Belle extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think that a 'branded' company means you are always getting the best - the huge marketing budget that is behind them does not mean that the trainers are guaranteed to be great.

We have had some ladies on our courses who have been with racoon, balmain etc and their work shall we say needed a lot of work.

I never said branded I said decent. In which I include yourselves

I find Balmain great, their professional, helpful and by far the best in the business, i strongly believe in each to their own but Balmain's training is professional, thorough and very high strandard and most of all free!! Everyone has different ideas of whats good and i deffinately think Balmain are great!

No matter who where and how muh you train with the best extwntioniat in the world can only teach you so much its down to the trainee at the end of the day to make the most of it :).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

No matter who where and how muh you train with the best extwntioniat in the world can only teach you so much its down to the trainee at the end of the day to make the most of it :).

How can you make the most of nothing useful?

Its down to the trainee to ask questions aswell

This could go on forever. I stand by what I say.

Hi Geeks, Please Help as im so indecisive! :eek: im debating whether to do a hair extension course.. I know Great lenghths is the best which also comes with a big price tag.. Belle hair extensions seem very reasonable but is there a reason for that? personally I alwas like to go with the top end of products as I like to feel im giving more of a high end service. my concern is do clients prefer to pay less for extensions now these days or do they like the best quality hair? is it the case just to do a basic cheaper course and use Remy hair, or invest in great lengths?? im happy to invest if the return is out there..?? thanks x

Hi Louise, it really depends on what youre looking for, i did the belle course and i found it was what i expected, i did learn everything listed on their website and have no qualms. But if youre clients are willing to pay an extra few hundred for the GL extensions then go for it xx

Thanks everyone for advice xx

I paid a deposit for a course with Belle, I contacted them numerous times for details and they never responded. They only confirmed the venue a few days before and by that point I had decided it was a scam and booked clients in for that day. I explained that and asked for a refund but they offered me to attend another course, meant to be this month. The date came and went and I heard nothing of a venue. I have emailed them several times but they don't respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid a deposit for a course with Belle, I contacted them numerous times for details and they never responded. They only confirmed the venue a few days before and by that point I had decided it was a scam and booked clients in for that day. I explained that and asked for a refund but they offered me to attend another course, meant to be this month. The date came and went and I heard nothing of a venue. I have emailed them several times but they don't respond.

Hello, sometimes our confirmation emails end up in the spam folder even though we send them out as agreed, if you inbox me your email and details we can arrange your course transfer, kind regards, Belle

Hi Louise,

I myself trained will Belle hair academy and didn't have a problem with them. I'm aware of the saying "you get what you pay for" but in this case I don't think it will do you any harm going for the cheaper option and there really is no need to pay extortionate rates to train in Micro Ring/ Fusion bond methods.

Hope this helps.

:)

Glad to hear this, our students have gone on to achieve great things, some have opened salons, created their own hair lines and achieved great success , keep up the good work x

Hi Geeks, Please Help as im so indecisive! :eek: im debating whether to do a hair extension course.. I know Great lenghths is the best which also comes with a big price tag.. Belle hair extensions seem very reasonable but is there a reason for that? personally I alwas like to go with the top end of products as I like to feel im giving more of a high end service. my concern is do clients prefer to pay less for extensions now these days or do they like the best quality hair? is it the case just to do a basic cheaper course and use Remy hair, or invest in great lengths?? im happy to invest if the return is out there..?? thanks x

If u train with belle your find it impossible to get covered with any decent insurance companies as their not accredited! :rolleyes:

If u train with belle your find it impossible to get covered with any decent insurance companies as their not accredited! :rolleyes:

Untrue
I've recently renewed my insurance after getting quotes with multiple companies. All accepted belle

This is not the first thread I have came across in the past few days that someone's opinion has turned into an argument! Surely we are all here to offer opinions, at the end of the day it's an opinion and agree or not we all have different experiences due to trainer, area, student (learning method), tools, hair etc used. No need to jump down throats for different views, surely.

I trained with KM and loved my experience ! But that's all I shall say as the last time I gave someone a lengthy review about my experience with them I got shot down for being new and they thought I was from the company plugging it rather than just someone that had just underwent a very good experience.

Hope you work out who you want to go with as I swithered for months who to go with before I went on mine.xx

Untrue
I've recently renewed my insurance after getting quotes with multiple companies. All accepted belle

Funny that because salon gold who they recommend by the way won't, Babtac won't, abt won't..... That's just to name a few

Untrue

Hiya can I ask who your insurance is with please xx

Untrue

i managed to get insurance too with belle i had no problems whatsoever x

This is not the first thread I have came across in the past few days that someone's opinion has turned into an argument! Surely we are all here to offer opinions, at the end of the day it's an opinion and agree or not we all have different experiences due to trainer, area, student (learning method), tools, hair etc used. No need to jump down throats for different views, surely.

I trained with KM and loved my experience ! But that's all I shall say as the last time I gave someone a lengthy review about my experience with them I got shot down for being new and they thought I was from the company plugging it rather than just someone that had just underwent a very good experience.

Hope you work out who you want to go with as I swithered for months who to go with before I went on mine.xx

I know what you mean, i got the same when i wrote a positive comment about Belle, they shot me down :Scared: i booked on by a referral from the girl that did my own hair and i found my training was as expected and exactly what i wanted to learn. I do think that theres alot of bogus/fake posts from companies though all over the internet. its always best to go via a personal recommendation for anything if possible i say x

Lol @ Jennyboo. I did have trouble getting insurance companies who accepted belle. However ABT would insure me.
I'd just say if you have the money to spend then why use a company with limited options. That's my only opinion x

Really random question but- if it takes hours to fit extensions, do you end up taking food with you? I would get so hungry! Lol x

Latest posts

Back