Green based tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I went to a client today and was asked if my solution is green-based as the lady who is to be doing her make-up for her wedding said that she should choose a green-based tan so that she doesnt go orange!!!!:mad: (I explained why orange-ness occurs in tanning).

I know that certain make-up can be green-based or I think yellow (I am not a MUA) to compliment certain skin tones, but I have never heard of this in relation to tans.

It annoyed me, as although it may be correct that some tans are green-based, it doesnt mean that the ones that arnt make you do orange!!!!! grrrrr

So, is it true that there are green-based solutions, she was told St Tropez and possibly Famous Dave?

There ate green based and violet based tan solution. Both are better for not throwing orange, I was taught to use green based solutions although even that won't guarantee that the tan won't throw orange if the dha % is too high for clients skin.

St Tropez, LA Tanning and Aviva are 3 that spring to mind

Xen tan is green based

St tropez still has a green base!! Have done a refresher course in the last few months!!

Thanks for clearing up, wasn't sure. Not been involved with the brand since April 2009, other than a few clashes in and out of Court.

No problem :)

Ow dear that dusnt sound to good, i have quite a few problems with them as a company :( but i do love the product :)

No no, my problems resolved with them, just business you know, as in, trying to put me out of business and ruin my name when I started i-tan Limited - competition and all that. I'm over it.... honest.

Ow i see :) well glad its all sorted :)

Latest posts

Back