Green hair! Please help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstie77

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I wonder if you can help again! I've just completed an NVQ2 and have had a little accident! My best friend has had white blonde (Bleached) hair and decided to go darker.

She said she wanted a browny red colour so i put a majirel 5,? (coppery) on it and it went very orange and not awfully dark. So we put a 6,1 (dark ash blonde) to neutralise the red i figured an ash would be best. Anyway to cut a long story short it's nice but has a really green hue to it!

My friend bless her thinks its "Proper funny" but i want it to look better for her big day tomoro (She's 30). I was wondering if a flat 5,0 would help?

I coloured it on Monday - is it too soon to colour again? (I'm using 20vol)

I'd really love any advice as i feel awful!

Kirstie xx

just tone it, u dont need to be using 6% again if it just to change the hue of the colour, i work woth wella but if it was me i would be patel toning with something like 10/38 or something similar, u need to get something warm back into it.
if it had been me i would have used a 9/7 or 8/7 to darken the white blonde, that always turns out a really nice colour when trying to get away from that WHITE look. . hope u manage to sort it xx

Hi Kirstie,

I wouldn't use a flat 5.0 because the reason it's gone greeny coloured is because there is no warmth in the hair because the 6.1 you used has done its job very well & took it all out. And because she was blonde before, she's had no pigment or depth in there so there's really no warmth for the colour to grab. I would definitely use a warm colour, so if you want a base 5, maybe use a 5WN or 5.03 (i don't really know loreal hun) but rather than a gold, try a warmth or chocolate or something that has a bit of tone to it to even the whole colour out, and I'd also definitely use 10 vol because you want to deposit the colour rather than lift any colour out. Hope that helps.

Laura.x

i tried to edit my reply their because i reread ur post and realised she wanted to go dark, not darker blonde. . . u shud have pre pigmented the blonde before tinting it, white hair has no warmth left so most colours would go green/flat. . .

you need a natural warm colour , id use only a semi like richesse or colour touch . id also go a shade lighter ,because all those colours are going to build up and you dont want it too dark ( eg black by mistake) wella /7 is a warm brunette colour im not sure about loreal .
Or alterntively ,get a warm brown colour mousse to tide her over and wait for it to fade a little before reviewing the sitution.
Its good to ask for help these things happen to the best of us .It is always difficult to know whether the tone and /or depth will hold . I think what happened to start with is it took the tone not the depth and the second time it took the depth and tone ( maybe would have been better with an 7.1 or a flat 6)

Last edited:
Thanks guys you really are brilliant! xx Will let you know how it turns out! x

Hi

If it was me, I would use a L'Oreal Richesse about a 5.6 or 5.5, that should take away the green tones and leave it warmer, plus its only a quasi and wont damage the hair further.

Hope this helps

x

Latest posts

Back