green hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
hi all,

A client of mine asked me today if I could dye her daughters hair green, I explained that I would have to look into it first, her hair is long past her shoulders, she's been previously colouring her hair with semi's naturally she is dark I would say between a base 4 and 5. I presume that her hair would have to be pre lightened first, then some sort of crazy colour put on, I found the emerald green crazy colour which is the only colour I have looked into at the moment, I presume you cant get a permanent green, so understand this is going to be a big job BUT I do have my reservations about doing it so wanted to ask some advice first.

thanks

Ive tried to post a picture of the photo she showed me but Im not sure how to do this, I can only say its like a dark green, like an emerald green
My Hair is Emo: November 2009 this is the website its from and if you scroll down its the 3rd picture down entitled awesome green hair

imgres

Last edited:
Hi there.

Maybe you could pre-lighten her hair, then put a permanent green mix tone tint on her hair.
Then depending whether she likes the result, you could also intensify it more with a green Crazy Colour.

What permanent tints do you normally use? They may have some green pure mix tones you could use.

Igora Royal has a green concentrate 0-33

Koleston has a green special mix tone 0/28

Majirel has majirel mix green.

If you actually go ahead and carry out this service, you will have to expect the colour to fade quite quickly. She will then probably need colour top ups with products like Crazy Colour just to keep her hair intense green.

You could look at the colour charts in your local wholesalers.

:)

green does fade really fast! like a lot of other high intense colours! just make sure the client knows that it will fade fast a lot of the time.. i use to have my done 3 times a week!!! every other wash it would be out and i used goldwell e!

hiya fudge do a really nice green ( well they did dont know if they still do ) spider green it does fade fast but not just as fast as crazy colour

I've found fudge one the nicest actually myself. Only thing is if she has been colouring it herself level 4/5 then it will be hard to shift, and it needs to be even and blonde, as if it's orangy and you put green on it will obviously go blue instead so don't promise you can do it. Take test pieces 1st and see how much you can get it lightened.
And warn her it fades SUPER quick, and as some1 said above, she will maybe need to reapply the semi 3 times a week x

heyyy jus saw this, i know it isnt as permanant as it makes out, BUT goldwell elumen lasts longer than fudge etc etc, and longer than mixtone used alone. . . u really do need to bleach the hair up super lioght, any excessive yellow and it will take a babypoo shade of green. . . .x

heyyy jus saw this, i know it isnt as permanant as it makes out, BUT goldwell elumen lasts longer than fudge etc etc, and longer than mixtone used alone. . . u really do need to bleach the hair up super lioght, any excessive yellow and it will take babypoo shade of green. . . .x

I use to use goldwell e on mine! It was crap! Was out everyother wash!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Special effect hair dye and direction hair dye colours are fab and once hair has been lightened they last really well. They do a whole range of green and don't fade that quickly.

I have used Goldwell Elumen green with great success. The key is to pre-lighten as light as possible and do two applications. It lasts around 4-5 weeks, and that's with everyday washing!

I have used Goldwell Elumen green with great success. The key is to pre-lighten as light as possible and do two applications. It lasts around 4-5 weeks, and that's with everyday washing!

My hair was virgin hair lifted Brill but still faded mega fast

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

My hair was virgin hair lifted Brill but still faded mega fast

Craig Keane
Welcome to HCulture

Did you do two applications? I also, now, don't shampoo it off. Just rinse thoroughly, put on the lock for 5 mins, just rinse and then apply treat, then rise. I then tell my clients not to wash their hair for 48 hrs. It seems to do the trick!

Did you do two applications? I also, now, don't shampoo it off. Just rinse thoroughly, put on the lock for 5 mins, just rinse and then apply treat, then rise. I then tell my clients not to wash their hair for 48 hrs. It seems to do the trick!

That's the same.process as what I use todo!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Latest posts

Back