Green nails on Cancer patient

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips_n_toes

Reaction score
Looking for advice. I had a client in today who has started losing her nails. They are VERY green! She was wearing gels and was told she was able to from her oncologist. However between her last appt and this one they started to lift and turn green I have removed the gels and trimmed the nails back slightly so they don't catch on anything. What would all if you suggest that she use until her nail are grown out again ?

I don't know what to advise but I will say that when my mum was having chemotherapy her nail beds were very sore. When they started to fall off/grow out we just kept them very low to ease the pain. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you for your suggestions , that is our plan. The new nail growth looks healthy. But they are a mess at the moment. I wondered what others did with Thier clients in this situation

Keep them short.I have put a two layer coat of clear Calgel on a client before which helped stop the splitting and gave some strength with flexibility but I don't think I would want to put any hard gels on.
They need to oil regularly with a good cuticle oil.
What nail system do you use.

I would say that Brisa Lite Smoothing gel would be a godsend to this patient. It has superior adhesion and will smooth all the rough surface. keep short and use a normal polish. Perfect.

My sisters fell off when she was having chemo ( her nails ) they have grown back now though xxxx

I currently use young nails for enhancements. And Shellac or Gelish for soak off application. She has new nails growing but I am very reluctant to put any product on them. I told her to keep the nails trimmed short and watch for any swelling or infection (the beds are exposed and peeling ) sorry I am all over the place here but you can see where the "old nails are and where the "new" nail is growing the new growth is about a quarter of the bed .

I was nervous about oiling them because they were so raw. I did say once they had healed she could oil to her hearts content

Latest posts

Back