Greenie info...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artsy Canadian

Reaction score
Would like some resources for greenies if anyone has some good reads.

also a question, embarrassed to ask but I will ask just the same.
I have a client who got a greenie last year at this time, so we removed and she came back when it cleared up an month or so later. So in Feb we started again and had no problems all year untill yesturday! Same time of year.....!
Now I am very strick about my cleaning protocal and throw out my files regularly. The kicker is I have no problem with any other clients nails. You would think if poor cleaning were the case, I would see it with someone else? would you not? And the acrylic is sealed to the nail so it doesn't appear to the eye like water seeping underneath the nail. I find it bazzar that we would have the problem the same time of year. only on one nail I may add.
If anyone can shed some light on my issue I would appreciate it. I don't have alot of experience with greenies, all I know is how to identify and basic treatments, I would like to know more about causes, and hopefully find the root of my problem.

There is plenty right here on the site to read on this subject if you use the search facility but one thing you should consider along with the other information is that this is the time of year when it gets COLD and we are in and out of the cold and into the warm and the enhancements expand and contract more than usual which can sometimes encourage pocket lifting .. so watch carefully for this especially on the fingers we use the most (thumb, index and middle of the dominant hand).

There is plenty right here on the site to read on this subject if you use the search facility but one thing you should consider along with the other information is that this is the time of year when it gets COLD and we are in and out of the cold and into the warm and the enhancements expand and contract more than usual which can sometimes encourage pocket lifting .. so watch carefully for this especially on the fingers we use the most (thumb, index and middle of the dominant hand).

Thanks Geeg! I had no Idea that nails expanded and contracted to weather temps! She was in Mexico last week and came back to a snow storm this week, so that could of had alot to do with it......and this time it's her thumb and the last time it was her index finger!
So it's possible that it could be from her enhancements expanding and something yuckie decided to make a home there during that time. Thanks for the info! That would make sense with her situation, but I must admit it does sound a bit silly to me that they would expand and contract, but I'm still new to the biz even with 5 years under my belt.

I have noticed some clients get greenies more often when they travel, i put this down to the different qualities/treatment of the water in said country (i may be wrong), but i almost cross examine any client thats gets one.
I had one client come back to me once with 4 greenies, i was in shock, but upon questioning her, she had been scrubbing out her fishpond, banging, cracking etc, along with the fact that this was untreated unchlorinated water it all kinda made sense.
When I do get a client with a greenie, thats the first nail i start on (i soak it in bleach) this does get rid of some of the green color (bleach also kills almost anything living/breathing on the nailplate), wash dry the hands (i don't use towels, i have a professional hand dryer), then prep as usual (my prep is ether based and really cleanses the nail plate before re-applying).
I hate those greenies, but they are something we have to know treat/deal with every now and then.

Latest posts

Back