Grey hair 10vol or 20vol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I want to work with Adamlea for a week or two lol! Would have so many questions & would learn so much! Think he has a fan club lol!

Ditto previous posters re Adamlea! Always enjoy reading a thread he has contributed to, they are always really helpful and knowledgeable without being condescending, thanks Adam!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys that's really nice to hear you enjoy my geeky posts! I love chatting about colour on salongeek :D

Elli I haven't been on a science course but I do have some hair colour chemisty books. I think it is facinating and if I want know how something works I will keep reading until I find out!

Since you guys like science I made a video for you today! So have you ever wonder why some colours look today different as they process? For example some coppers are bright purple as they develop.

This is because when they are at an alkaline pH during processing some dyes appear purple and once the dye is rinsed and shampood off the pH lowers and the dyes appear copper/orange.

To demonstraite this I added an acid (lemon juice) into a mixture of 7.44, take a look at what happens!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRVUeUULpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

=)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Absolutly brill!
When someone asks a question that may be blatently obvious to you you never make them feel like an idiot for asking!
Sometimes hairdressers on here are like "errrr what the hell have u done it like that 4!"
Haha! Bet your work friends love working with you haha x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys that's really nice to hear you enjoy my geeky posts! I love chatting about colour on salongeek :D

Elli I haven't been on a science course but I do have some hair colour chemisty books. I think it is facinating and if I want know how something works I will keep reading until I find out!

Since you guys like science I made a video for you today! So have you ever wonder why some colours look today different as they process? For example some coppers are bright purple as they develop.

This is because when they are at an alkaline pH during processing some dyes appear purple and once the dye is rinsed and shampood off the pH lowers and the dyes appear copper/orange.

To demonstraite this I added an acid (lemon juice) into a mixture of 7.44, take a look at what happens!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRVUeUULpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

=)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love it!
Let us know when your first workshop is ;)

Definitely 20 vol, I've used 20 & 10 on my own hair, whenever I use 10 vol the tint doesn't cover well, fades quicker seems more transparent. I am only grey at the sides at the mo. I have used Majirel & Koleston. Koleston definitley seems to cover better & there is less fade.

Always 6% 9 is as high as you can really go for total coverage especially if they are 100% grey poss 10 if less but as said before different companies state different advice x

Latest posts

Back