Grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraxxx

Reaction score
How can achieve this colour with the darker roots at the top? We tryed yesterday in the salon with wella 0/81 and 0/11 and it went a greeny colour on top and a bluey grey on the ends, the hair was lightened to a white blonde before

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    789.1 KB · Views: 384
If like to no this to. Il be honest, I'm stuck!x

There's a whole bunch of grey formulas in the search forum!

If you look through the threads tho like the other poster has suggested you might find that picture within the threads! X

I was just intrigued about this picture that was all..
I know that, that's why I recommended you go to the search forum because I saw about 5 people repost this picture!

How can achieve this colour with the darker roots at the top? We tryed yesterday in the salon with wella 0/81 and 0/11 and it went a greeny colour on top and a bluey grey on the ends, the hair was lightened to a white blonde before
well you wouldnt need to bleach the top bit to just tint it darker, thats probably why its gone green to much ash on hair way to light. use a semi black or 3/0 so its not so harsh, and i say semi so if when the client wants something different, your not going to have a big palava getting that black out. then for the gray colour, i would used 12/1 say for instance 30mls 12/1 with 5mls of 2/0 .. then your peroxide maybe 5 vol or 10 vol depending on condition of hair. i have gray hair myself and this is what i done on myself, and two clients. at first i thought REALLY! with the mixing ratio but its incredible really. just dont overdo it on the black colour thinking it wont be enough because it will come out like iron gray!
hope this helps..

I know that, that's why I recommended you go to the search forum because I saw about 5 people repost this picture!
Claire I've had a look through the posts and couldn't see it. ...No worries!

Were they litterally just mixtones you used or did you use a colour aswell?

To get this from a white blonde Balyage with a little root, I would use 5.1 root stretched into 7.1 then tone the rest with 9.1 (I don't use wella so by a .1 I mean ash blue based)

It needs to go on a clean white base or you'll encounter green if you add blue tint to yellow hair

I would done full
Head beach the root stretch 7/18,
Threw to 10/88 Wella, ever other section 9/81.

(7/18 quiet dense over bleach )

I would done full
Head beach the root stretch 7/18,
Threw to 10/88 Wella, ever other section 9/81.

(7/18 quiet dense over bleach )
Snaz could I do the 7/18 on her natural root without bleaching up first? As her ends are already a fairly clean level 10. And then just tone her ends at the basin after washing off the root? Thanks in advance!x

No bleach top to clean blonde , will get more of a grey ash if applied to bleach x

No bleach top to clean blonde , will get more of a grey ash if applied to bleach x
Brill thanks for ur help x

Could I see a pic of the hair in its current state.. Then we could possible give better advice... Bleaching the whole lot just to darken it again seems abit much.. Some super cool on the root.. 5,1 or even a little darker.. Black would be too harsh.. Then as another poster kinda suggested.. But how I do it is.. A little base 1.. Like 1cm of the tube., to about 3/4 of a tube of clear.. With 1.5 or 3%. And literally visually tone it.. Don't take your eyes off it..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449884070.885838.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450041116.493144.jpg

We did one similar the other day -just without the darker roots.
We lifted it to a clean white to begin with then applied Wella innocence 7/18

Always love your insta work @Snmlondonhair hope we can work together one day x

Oh thank you!! [emoji5]️[emoji5]️ what's your insta name?? I'll follow you back

Could I see a pic of the hair in its current state.. Then we could possible give better advice... Bleaching the whole lot just to darken it again seems abit much.. Some super cool on the root.. 5,1 or even a little darker.. Black would be too harsh.. Then as another poster kinda suggested.. But how I do it is.. A little base 1.. Like 1cm of the tube., to about 3/4 of a tube of clear.. With 1.5 or 3%. And literally visually tone it.. Don't take your eyes off it.. View attachment 192851
I would love to try this method, it makes the most sense to me and can be modified for each client. Do you have to apply on a clean base as in no yellow tones for this? Thanks

Latest posts

Back