Grey to blonde help, getting back to hair but this one has me stumped!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweetypie89

Reaction score
So I have a woman who wants to become my client, I am just getting back in to hair after a long break.
She currently has a very very warm blonde/auburn mess (Daughter used a highlift tint apparently).
She has a bob (2" from nape), underneath is very damaged from previous hairdresser (2"at least), she is Greek so natural hair is was dark and probably around a 4 with around 50-70% grey.
She would like an ash blonde, with high and low lights (mixture of beige and ash) (Which I know how to do) the question is how do I lighten grey hair? Do I just go in like I would a none grey client? Do I pre soften? etc etc I only understand grey as far as tinting :/ please help... Desperate!

Edit to add her lightened hair is around an 8 and I use Wella and Goldwell

Hmmmm... back to hairdressers helping hairdressers on Facebook. I forgot how unwilling people are to help on this group :/

I would just adjust your formulas as if you were doing a global colour so if your using 8/1 as a lowlight then I would do 8/0 and 8/1.

There is no need really to pre soften any hair and is not recommended by manufacturers usually

Grey hair (mixture of white and natural hair giving the look of an iron grey) can be lightened with tint or bleach just like normal hair . Any areas with 100% White Hair will need no further lightening but you can add in a blonde colour using a tint in the shade you require to give it the blonde or beige colour . ( using a higher ratio of natural in your mix to ensure good coverage)

Latest posts

Back