Grey toners!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolejordon

Reaction score
I love having grey grey hair, though I'm
Thinking I need something a little bit longer lasting and deeper than using 10v on top of my pre lightened hair! The photo I'll put on is me after just having my colour done, I want something darker but not sure which formula would be good! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412113512.954792.jpg

I love having grey grey hair, though I'm
Thinking I need something a little bit longer lasting and deeper than using 10v on top of my pre lightened hair! The photo I'll put on is me after just having my colour done, I want something darker but not sure which formula would be good! View attachment 75834

Are you happy to use other colour houses?

Ah I think I've used colour fresh before! Is there anything you could recommend for me to mix with a 10vol maybe?

Ah I think I've used colour fresh before! Is there anything you could recommend for me to mix with a 10vol maybe?

Wella koleston 10/16 1:2 ratio but it's still going to fade loads as it's permanent. You're better with a true semi

10V in goldwell?

How about 8SB and a dash 4V?

Wella koleston 10/16 1:2 ratio but it's still going to fade loads as it's permanent. You're better with a true semi

I'm gunna have to stock up on all these colours I think! Ahhaha! Thankyou :) x

Hi i basically have a client who getz wella 8/1+9/1 regrowth for the dark and 8/0+9/0 on grey. She said she wants to gradually go grey all over how would i achieve this? I know bleach and 10vol is an option and tone but her hair is fine and wouldnt want to start bleaching it.

Affinage gothic 9.117 is fab x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412164204.894207.jpg

HairBy Amanda

Wella does have great shades, it's been a few years, however the swatch book did used to have an insert for a few different shades of grey, including using boosters.

I might also recommend Kenra. They have an SM series (silver metallic) that is beautiful.

Beyond that, if you want to use a proper semi-permanent, you could uses Joico Color Intensity in Titanium.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SalonGeek mobile app

Wella does have great shades, it's been a few years, however the swatch book did used to have an insert for a few different shades of grey, including using boosters.

I might also recommend Kenra. They have an SM series (silver metallic) that is beautiful.

Beyond that, if you want to use a proper semi-permanent, you could uses Joico Color Intensity in Titanium.

Since I had forgotten, Pravana also has a silver semi-permanent in their vivids line.

7/81and 9/60 in illumina is great for a steely grey on pre lightened, i usually mix equal parts for my own hair because i like a lilac grey

7/89 in wella colour touch is an option. If you want it to stick really well and want it darker then 5/19 in colour fresh!
7/89 is great. My boss also used 7/81 illumia was gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

7/89 is great. My boss also used 7/81 illumia was gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes 7/81 is fab, super smokey on level 9 or 10!

I agree 7/89 in wella is fab alternatively 8v matrix colour sync is fab iv used it a few times and got a similar effect x

Wella 8/81 or fanola 8.11 both are amazing fanola dont fade at all i use it on a client and just do her retouch lightener and root toner no need to do ends.

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

So basically i need to pre lighten the hair then tone? Her hair isnt strong enough for bleach thats why i was asking if there is any other way round it she is an older client, who gradually wants to stop getn her hair coloured alltogether.

So out of the silvers which do you think comes out the the best and last longest. Pravana silver, joico titanium, kenra silver matalic or wella? This would be applied to a level 9 or lighter she basically has bleached hair that has faded some and some out growth. But would like a melted highlight/balayage of silver and blue plumb black. I want a silver that will stand out nicely but haven't done to much silver.

Latest posts

Back