Groupon, etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwasdall

Reaction score
Hi geeks looking for some advice. I really want to do an offer on Groupon or wowcher I've sent countless emails and don't get anything back.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.

I have had this problem too!!!
It was really frustrating and I got quite annoyed with it.
Then I realise a friend of mine was doing groupon deals an so i asked her about it .... and she gave me the details of the person that organises my local area deals

If you know someone who has been on groupon maybe ask them for the contact? Or contact a local business not related to wat you are doing and ask them who you could speak to.

If you are introduced to groupon by a friend, and you place an offer on Groupon, your friend will receive £50.... which is a nice incentive for someone to give you the details :)

Thank you for your advice

I've been with groupon and have to say I'm so disappointed with them. They messed me round with the details on the advert including the address and tel number, then the date I was meant to go on (noone bothered to tell me I wasn't going on on the date we had agreed), then the last straw was getting the bank details wrong which I had sent them so all my payments were going to someone else! Very bad customer service aswel so I would recommend going with another company. Wowcher are apparently very good. X

I have been disappointed with Groupon,I have used Living social and service was excellent,I was very happy and I am about to place another offer with them would recommend,also thay pay you even if voucher is not redeemed Groupon keep the money.

Groupon I found ok, only thing was I found their customers are less loyal, I kept a fair few though, but most would rebook being happy then not show or call, not answer when called to check I had not got it wrong, so felt the Calibre of people they attract on the whole to not be that great!

Living social we're better and the customers they attract where more loyal, friendly and not just after a deal! More of which I retained and have as now regulars, but you cannot say new customers only, meaning your regulars if they see the offer can have a ridiculous offer too! Which if that's the case your best doing your own and telling them to bring a friend for the same deal! (I have just thought about that! How about do a voucher scheme style offer but word it like bring a friend to both receive this deal) maybe?

Only thing with both is you work hard for nothing! Say your deal goes up for half head foils cut and style, for 23.00 they like that number, they want 50% commotion and fail to tell you they then add VAT so you end up with about 10.00, I knew this before hand so managed to get them both to 42% commotion for them and 58% me so I got just over half in the end but still what is that? I only did it with the view of doing it once, and if one customer stayed then it worked, and to get my name out there, I had people call to come on the offer without buying it, these are a waste of time, they will not return, buuuuut you get the whole voucher amount to you, I personally advise I couldn't but would do an alternate deal saving 30% for them, some took it and stayed some left it :)

Latest posts

Back