Grrr, skin testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason why they can state that skin testing is nessacary is because in 12 years no one has reacted. If someone was allergic to colour then I would still skin test, but I know many clients that are allergic to colour that have Elumen that is the point of the product.

So yes I can happily talk about it as I have had vast amounts of training on the product and use it in the salon.

The OP was postings about skin testing and this is the way we can decrease the numbers we turn away safely. It's not my opinion it's fact. With Wella Innosense it's still recommended to patch test.

I really don't think you should state this as fact in a public forum as you cannot possibly be certain that no-one in the world has ever had a bad reaction to the product.

Some people have skin that is highly sensitive to water and cannot wash with tap water. (My sister-in-law for one). So although pretty rare, just because you are not personally aware of an adverse reaction doesn't make something 100% safe.
My Goldwell Rep Actually said to me that Elumen "Is kinder to the hair than water" .... I don't know if that is an actual thing - so don't quote me on it - I'm just relaying what I was told.

So it might be that even your sister-in-law could use Elumen.

Of course in a situation like hers - you'd assume they would mention their sensitivity and therefore I'd probably still skin test - but only to give them piece of mind rather than because I thought there would be a reaction.

So so so disheartening. Im in a small home salon and hard enough gaining the trust of people as im not a "real" salon to hear the "i really cant be bothered to come all the way there for a skin test" in there voices, knowing they are going to walk 10 mins up the road to get there colour done without making that journey. The same hairdressers who use avon products to shampoo and finish the hair. Its horrible

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

I no its so annoying when you get punished for doing things properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back