Gypsy's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJaylee

Reaction score
I have to admit something, I was doing a little research online and came across a website for a salon in Georgia. They offered "Porcelain Nails, Acrylic Nails, Crystal Nails, Solar Nails, and a few more things. Sounds a little funny huh!! I called them, and yes they where Asian. (Sorry) I asked them what Solar Nails where, she didn't know. She mentioned Acrylic Nails. I said no Solar Nails, are they the SOLARNAILS by Creative. "Uh, no." she said; "Come down, I do nails for you." I kept trying to get some info from her, I asked her the prices. Cheap of course! She just kept trying to get me to come down to the Salon. So I just asked her if they use MMA. "Um, I don't know," was all I got. She turned around and asked someone something, it sounded like. And just once again wanted me to come down! I asked her again if they used MMA she said, "No I don't think so." So I just said I didn't feel comfortable coming to her because she couldn't tell me if she used MMA or not.

So the kick of the story, I called Georgia's State Board told them about this Salon, and that I was pretty sure there was MMA use. They said, "There is no such thing as Vivi Nails in Dalton Georgia. So I gave them the address, said that I talked to them personally. So they have to wait a month or so before they can get an inspector in there, then they will let me know what happened.

My question to all of you is have you ever heard of Gypsy Salons? Where they just set up shop somewhere don't register with the state and as soon as they get busted they just move on to the next town?

My question to all of you is have you ever heard of Gypsy Salons? Where they just set up shop somewhere don't register with the state and as soon as they get busted they just move on to the next town?

erm... unfortunately for me yes... ive known of people who has done that.. not personally..... but through the grapevine....

not sure if this is the correct info but.. in the UK.. it takes the tax man up to 2 years to catch up with dodgy businesses.... to know that you actually havent paid tax etc..

so in theory.... you can open a nail shop.. butcher many people's nails.... and when youve pocketed enough.. you will then move on....

They refer to L+P as Porcelain nails here in Spain.

Really! I know here it is a term some people in the general pulic mistakingly use, not something a salon should use.

Latest posts

Back