Ha ha, I have found the trick to doing a decent mani/pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not use polish much now that Shellac and Gelish are in my life but one of the hairdresser clients was asking me loads of question about Bio Sculpture nails and Gelish. After our little talk she was happy to tell me that when I start to do Gel nail extension in the salon she would love for me to do her nails.

She explain that she like to paint her own nalis for special occasion or in between infills. OPI was one of her favourite brands which she love to buy off QVC because her Nail technician does not provide this or polish.

I explained that I could point her in the right direction of where to buy OPI from a few nail technician near me who would all ways have the latest new colours out and would cost her a bit less than postage and waiting for days or try another top brand which was up to the same standard as OPI.

Isn't it our job to retail, this is why I try and buy product that our clients can purchase from us. When I first did my manicure course I brought loads of polish from Boots but learnt the hard way, clients were buying Sally Hanson base coat and top coat and cuticle oil and I was out of pocket but Mum is right it does come down to training and good education, many yrs I did my course I think I need to do a refresher course to keep my skills up to date.

I've found Jessica to be the best I've ever used.. Stays on non chip for 6 weeks!!! And its professional only so can easily retail to clients :) Although shellac for the hands.. No question about that!!

Really? I found Jessica to be a nightmare! It takes forever to dry and I found this meant you always smudged it and I always found it to chip easily!

That said I loved the colours and have Venus was her name on my toes right now! Totally love that colour!

6 weeks has got to be on toes? No way would it last that long on hands! Or you are a polish genius haha! X

Sorry to burst the bubble but the trick to doing a proper mani/pedi is skill and education!!! Nothing to do with the polish! There are good polishes in both the pro sector and retail sector but a mani/pedi is so much more than the polish!!??

A good technician can make ANY polish work well. It's just that professionals prefer to use pro only brands.

Being a nail technician and using polishes from Boots is not clever! What else can you offer to make it worth a client spending money for your professional services?

Erm, I dont know..maybe im a nail technician that "prefered" to use an off the shelf brand!
Or...maybe I'm a good nail technician!
Or maybe both...who knows, but my clients keep coming back.

The O.P.I. polish goes on smoother and dries faster which makes the end result a lot better, I'm happy and my bubble is not burst :D

I use OPI too and I love it. I tried Attitude first and it just didn't last then I tried OPI and its fab just trying to convert all my polishes to it but I can't do it all at once

I'm trying to do the same at the moment, only I'm converting them to Orly because I love it! Fab colours and like OPI goes on really smooth, great to work with :D

Latest posts

Back