Had my first client who had been to a discount salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou slatts

@lousglamnails
Reaction score
I think these salons need closing i done a client's nails today and they had cut into her nail and filed into it i have never had this before. She only wanted a infil and it was a nightmare she said in 2 weeks she will have them soaked of too. I told her i think that is for the best. I think these places should be closed down it makes our job alot harder rant over.

So do I. I discuss on my website about what short cuts they tend to take and educate prospective clients about the dangers of unqualified nail techs and budget salons - aka NSS.

Problem I have is that clients in my area don't want to pay what a real nail tech would charge for and then they moan that my prices are high when they are actually national averages.

I no that feeling it's not good. I tell my clients I will try and get them in even if it's a day later then they want. I live across the road from these salons and I know they are very cheap. As you know us techs buy the good named acrylic so we can not under cut them.
I think more needs to be done to close these jokers down.

They often learn the hard way.

I usually link them to BBC show Fake Britain where Gina Akers explains the damage that budget nail salons can do to clients if they are not trained correctly.

Full episode here:

Latest posts

Back