Hair colour allergic reaction help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa82

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I've just had a text from a client who I have been colouring for around 4 years, to say her scalp is full of lumps and flakes of snow-like scales.
I range her straight away, to say she may have developed a reaction to the tint (Wella 12/1 with 40vol) which I have always used on her. I explained that a reaction can develop even if it's been the same product/colour etc, and that I will need to patch test her now before her next colour.

Is there any advice I can give her to help reduce the lumps and scales, apart from to seek medical help?
I coloured it on Friday morning, and when I was washing it off she mentioned it was 'nippier that usual' but hadn't mentioned anything when the colour was on, otherwise I would have washed it off straight away.....O help, I feel a bit sick now thinking about it :irked::irked:

doesnt sound like an allergic reaction, sounds like her scalp is slightly burnt! did u measure when mixing? all colour clients despite how long you have been colouring their hair should receive a patch test on a regular basis!
Hey geeks, I've just had a text from a client who I have been colouring for around 4 years, to say her scalp is full of lumps and flakes of snow-like scales.
I range her straight away, to say she may have developed a reaction to the tint (Wella 12/1 with 40vol) which I have always used on her. I explained that a reaction can develop even if it's been the same product/colour etc, and that I will need to patch test her now before her next colour.

Is there any advice I can give her to help reduce the lumps and scales, apart from to seek medical help?
I coloured it on Friday morning, and when I was washing it off she mentioned it was 'nippier that usual' but hadn't mentioned anything when the colour was on, otherwise I would have washed it off straight away.....O help, I feel a bit sick now thinking about it :irked::irked:

Has she had a resent change in any medication, could be the cause.

sounds like the mix wasnt bang on, not an allergic reaction.

Latest posts

Back