Hair comp-what do you think of my idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nad1a

Reaction score
Hi I have to enter a comp as part of my level 3 course and its ment to be an avante garde style or at least something a bit funkier than an everyday or bridal style.

Here's my plan. To put the hair up like my pic.... Add the hat fascinator and some bow pins to the curls at the back and dress my model in like white shirt and bow tie? Maybe dark eyes and red lippy?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382704244.669745.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382704260.501870.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382704321.306565.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382704388.629148.jpg

Whaddya think? I'm new to this and bn struggling to find an idea and this just came to me.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure the hairstyle goes with the rest of the theme? Any suggestions? Thnx

I'm not sure the hairstyle goes with the rest of the theme? Any suggestions? Thnx
When is it? thinking of halloween, I like the fastenator. You could do that sort of dark look, but i agree i think the hairstyle is a bit too neat/tidy. If you funkied it up or put some colour in maybe it would go with the bowtie etc more. Will try find a pic of what i mean lol. Xx

And it's on the 26th of November but a few others ate doing Halloween inspired looks x

You could do the fat backcombed messy plait through the middle, and down sides add your bows and have it a bit neater??X

Ok nice, do you think I'd get the fascinator on that one?

I wouldn't do a fascinator.: it's a hair comp and your covering it! I like the bows tho

I wouldn't do a fascinator.: it's a hair comp and your covering it! I like the bows tho

Ok, was just trying to jazz it up a bit as the hair on its own isn't very "avant garde" and I've also got to use ornamentation in one of my styles.
I'm gonna have a play about tonight see if I can come up with something else.

I could enter it in the bridal catagory and add a tiara on top but I'd need to get hold of a wedding dress for that and I'm not forking out for a new one! Lol

It's not very avant garde? Go wild! Big hair, crimped, crazy, colours! X

Avante gaurde means pushing the boundaries and being experimental. We spend so much time perfecting technically-correct classic techniques, it can take a while to loosen up and just go for it! Try not to replicate something that you have done before..

Maybe think about the total image and feeling you want first and then think about the hair. If you look at some pictures from fashion week you might get some ideas for a total look for hair + clothes + make up.

Good luck i hope you win =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Avante gaurde means pushing the boundaries and being experimental. We spend so much time perfecting technically-correct classic techniques, it can take a while to loosen up and just go for it! Try not to replicate something that you have done before..

Maybe think about the total image and feeling you want first and then think about the hair. If you look at some pictures from fashion week you might get some ideas for a total look for hair + clothes + make up.

Good luck i hope you win =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have not really had enough training to do ones like the pic, infact no training yet so I wouldn't know where to start. And I can't find any online tutorials.

Our lecturer has said it can be anything and does not have to be OTT and we can make it avant garde with the clothes/make up.

Ok. I will just enter in the bridal then as I've a few styles I can do for that.
The lecturers have insisted we do avant garde but I really have no clue on creating those kind if styles

I agree... Avant Garde should be completely out of the box.

Our lecturer did day to us that to be classed as avant garde it "does not have to be OTT, it just has to be something you would not walk down the street with"

You can buy 2nd hand wedding dresses on ebay for about £10 if that helps at all?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's fine, your lecturer may have a different idea on what she intends you to do for this assignment. I was just giving my opinion on what I feel avant garde is based on the dictionary definition and the kind of styles that were created at the avant garde show I took part in last year. There's plenty of pictures and tutorial videos around for inspiration and I'd suggest asking your lecturer for some input into how to create some of the looks. She can't expect you to do something if you've never been taught! Good luck

Latest posts

Back