What do you think of my hair color idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariaan deK

Reaction score
Hi guys
I want to put stripes in my hair, like wine red stripes... Or should I just say the hair colour I attached together with my own hair colour.
I want my hair to look brighter, not lighter.
Would you suggest another colour that shall work better?
Please give me some advice =) =)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek mobile app

Stripes?..... Are you a hairdresser?

Ummm ... Stripes ... I'm a bit confused. By brighter do you mean more glossy? More eye catching? Because the second photo is definitely darker than your other pic so that's a good start ... Best off taking the photos to another hairdresser who can see your hair "in person" and help you establish exactly what you want.

If you were to get burgundy in your hair colour, they would not compliment each other whatsoever.

First... I am still studying hairdressing. I am sorry for my "wrong" theorem. :) With stripes I mean highlights.
And yes, I mean more glossy.

The pic is balyage rather than highlights, what colour do u want? The purples?

I want something like this... Just not pink, but a more darker color on my brown hair

I want something like this... Just not pink, but a more darker color on my brown hair

Im sorry but that'll look awful imho.

But hey ho its your hair.

Why don't you buy some pink/purple clip ins in the meantime?

It's going to be a pain to maintain as you're only colouring narrow sections and the fade will be considerable.

I do love the first photo you shared, the purple colours on the darker base, really pretty. The purple/plum colour will fade so will need regular maintenance. I wouldn't put it with the colour you have now though.

In my opinion purple or brighter unatural colours only work well on a rich brown base or a brighter blonde base.
Unless your going for a muted matte finish like instamatic by wella which also looks best on very light or darker hair

In my opinion purple or brighter unatural colours only work well on a rich brown base or a brighter blonde base.
Unless your going for a muted matte finish like instamatic by wella which also looks best on very light or darker hair

I agree, up against smoky ash browns.

Yea me too, I don't think anything goes with light brown other than blonde, do as suggested above and get clip ins, you could try diff colours then and see what works before commiting to a colour

Thanks guys... Now you're getting helpful!
LOL

Latest posts

Back