Hair disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi
I recently had my micro loop extensions removed as the hair needs replacing and want to give my hair a break.
I was shocked at how short my hair looked afterwards. I know you feel "bald" after having a full head of hair in so thought id check my photos to calm myself down.
The first photo is my brown hair the day before i went to the salon and had the ends bleached for an ombre look. I had the extensions fitted the next day. I didnt need a trim as hair had not long been cut so the length would have been the same as when it was brown. Also my hair has loose curls in the before photo & has been straightened in the after so really my hair should appear shorter before
I dont think im going mad so what could have caused this? Has my extensionist razored too much of my natural hair? Or maybe the bleach has caused my hair to snap off?
Thanks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431959207.936475.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431959229.749409.jpg

Hi
I recently had my micro loop extensions removed as the hair needs replacing and want to give my hair a break.
I was shocked at how short my hair looked afterwards. I know you feel "bald" after having a full head of hair in so thought id check my photos to calm myself down.
The first photo is my brown hair the day before i went to the salon and had the ends bleached for an ombre look. I had the extensions fitted the next day. I didnt need a trim as hair had not long been cut so the length would have been the same as when it was brown. Also my hair has loose curls in the before photo & has been straightened in the after so really my hair should appear shorter before
I dont think im going mad so what could have caused this? Has my extensionist razored too much of my natural hair? Or maybe the bleach has caused my hair to snap off?
Thanks
View attachment 187543View attachment 187544
This also happened to me, when I took my extensions out my hair was so short, I've been having extensions for a few years and before my hair had grown so much the only difference this time Is I also bleached my hair for the ombre look and I'm guessing that's why it's so short cuz my hairs all snapped off.

Yes im thinking its probably the bleach thats done it to my hair. It was still all one length though no bits longer than others etc. strange. Ive just had a brown semi all over and a few inches cut off as ends were so split :( cant wait to get my hair back in but think im going to ask my extentionist not to razor them and go to my usual hairdresser for blending just to be on safe side x

Thats not chemical damage on your hair it's definitely something else!

Do you straighten your hair/use alot of heat on it?

Did she 'thin' it out before the extensions were applied?

Yes i do straighten my hair but only around twice a week at the most. My hair wasnt thinned out i had a blunt cut! My hair is so so fine naturally. I know i would have needed it blending it in as i had a blunt cut but it just seems extreme the amount of hair taken off to do so if it isnt chemical damage x

Yes i do straighten my hair but only around twice a week at the most. My hair wasnt thinned out i had a blunt cut! My hair is so so fine naturally. I know i would have needed it blending it in as i had a blunt cut but it just seems extreme the amount of hair taken off to do so if it isnt chemical damage x

So the person that did the extensions did cut it? Did she do a before and after picture you could look at?

Very strange x

I agree with the others above. It looks like a haircut and not chemical breakage.

Hi
Thanks
View attachment 187543View attachment 187544

Rite so its shorter. What does it matter. You probally didnt look after it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

James how would you know how i look after my hair? And as others have said it does not look like chemical breakage it looks like a cut! Rude

So the person that did the extensions did cut it? Did she do a before and after picture you could look at?

Very strange x

No before and after hun, she cut it when the extensions were already in to blend but not before my extensions were put in.
I didnt have it cut at all from the brown hair photo x

Well thats quite unfair.

I wonder if you could see your natural hair under the extensions so shes chopped into it.
When I did my course you thin/layer the hair as needed before you apply, then trim the extensions after and blend around the face.
It doesn't look in bad condition so I don't think its from the colour x

James how would you know how i look after my hair? And as others have said it does not look like chemical breakage it looks like a cut! Rude

Rite surely you would have noticed it being cut that short after having them in all that time. And you prob didnt. Its basic sense.

How would i know how short my natural hair looked when i had a full head of hair in? If thats your answer to anybody that has a problem after a treatment i feel for your clients.

How would i know how short my natural hair looked when i had a full head of hair in? If thats your answer to anybody that has a problem after a treatment i feel for your clients.

So You never straightened or curled your hair or sectioned it?.and i wouldnt do that to one of my clients :)

Yes i have straightened my hair maybe once or twice a week at the most, some weeks i dont straighten at all but this would not cause my hair to just snap off that easily. You say "you wouldnt do that to one of your clients" but just now you said it was my fault lol. Im not going to argue with you on a forum im just saying you were wrong to post on my thread claiming i was to blame when you dont know how i care for my hair, what condition my hair is in etc

Please can I remind you to take one-to-one conversations to PM, and keep the thread on topic.

Thank you.

Yes i have straightened my hair maybe once or twice a week at the most, some weeks i dont straighten at all but this would not cause my hair to just snap off that easily. You say "you wouldnt do that to one of your clients" but just now you said it was my fault lol. Im not going to argue with you on a forum im just saying you were wrong to post on my thread claiming i was to blame when you dont know how i care for my hair, what condition my hair is in etc

Im meaning if you sectioned it you would have notice the short bits :confused:

Latest posts

Back