Hair dye dilemma - help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stardust

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will try and give the 'short story' here.

I went to a well known hairdressing chain when I moved areas, I have naturally brown hair and wanted to get it dyed so it was a nice warm chocolate brown (the colour I had before I moved - it was a Clairol colour which had been discontiued). The normal process was the hairdresser would mix the colour and then put it all over my hair for 25 - 30 mins. This time the 'Senior Stylist' got foils out and put them at the top of my hair apprently using L'Orel in Chocolate. I said I've never used foils in my hair before but the senior stylist assured me this was fine.

About a week later the top part of my hair where the foils had been, had given me what I would can call a 'halo effect' of a brassy/ginger colour and had dark brown at the bottom.

I went to another well known hairdresser who said that the foils had bleached my hair so that's why it was so light at the top. They said they would need to Cleanse my hair first so they would be able to 'Fill in' any gaps and then put the dark chocolate brown colour (Wella 5/75) on top of it.

This seemed to get rid of the 'halo' effect, at the top, however, although the colour of my hair is fine (dark brown) the tone of it is still the brassy/ginger colour. I've gotten it dyed several times now and once the chocolate brown colour fades it goes back to brassy/ginger colour everytime.

I'm getting married next year and really want to get my hair to the colour I had before it all went wrong - a lovely warm dark chocolate brown & to stop spending so much money on trying to correct it :sad:

If anyone can help, please please do!!! (Sorry I did ty & cut the story down as much as possible).

K xxxx

Latest posts

Back