Hair dye problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
My sister has just had her hair done, I will attach a photo, she wanted lighter At the bottom which everyone seems to be having but she doesn't really like it as she thinks it's not blended and there's a line.

What do you think the best thing to do is?

Should she wait and maybe It will fade out and blend more with a few washes? Or have it dyed again but blen the line more? Or even dye it dark so it doesn't stand out as much?

Would appriciate any advice, she doesn't want to go back to the hairdresser incase they ruin it more. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415462254.499296.jpg

I don't think you'll get specific advice because you're not a hair geek.

Has she been to any other salons to get some advice? I'm sure most wouldn't charge just to have a chat about what she actually wants doing. That may put her at ease, I know it can be difficult going to a new salon.

She thinks there is a line???!! No sheet!!!

I hope she never paid for that. Dreadful. Go to another salon sigh experience of this kind of technique and colour correction.

Would I be right in guessing it was cheap?

I have told her to go to a hair salon she shouldn't of payed but didn't realise how bad until she got home :-s we have a wedding to go to tommorrow so she is really unhappy! And desperate.

She doesn't have time to go to hairdressers before tommorrow but she's thinking of either buying a blond to re-do at home herself tonight n blend it in more she wants me to do it!! although I have told her not to do this I don't want to do it as although i am qualified hairdresser I don't do it anymore and have not done this before) or she might buy a brown over the counter dye to go over the whole lot and make it less obvious until she can go to the hairdressers.

If anyone can give any advice on what we can do to make it look better for tommorrow we would really appriciate it. X

And yes not surprisingly it was cheap as they were doing some kind of discount! Now she knows why!

Box blondes and browns won't solve this problem. It will just make it 10 times worse! Putting a brown over the blonde will probably turn it khaki.

A decent hairdresser could blend it better but it will also need the blonde toning so it don't expect it to be cheap.

She'd be better off putting her hair up and covering it with some hair decorations for the wedding and waiting until she can go and get it done properly by a decent colourist.

Agreed - put her hair up tomorrow.

Ok thank you for your advice I will tell her to put it up for tommorrow then she can go get it done properly x

I can't believe someone has sent her out with hair like that, and more so, made her pay for it! Mortifying.

I often look at these photos and kinda feel sorry for the colourist and their lack of training :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Omg I'm sorry but that is horrendous😳, I can't believe someone has done that to your sister and is calling herself a professional! It is an insult to the likes of all the real hair pros out there and on here, (I'm not one of them I'm a skin geek). What an absolute liberty! Over my dead body would I have paid her, I'd have gave her something but it would not have been payment. Shocking.

Latest posts

Back