Hair extension bonding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgxexmx

Reaction score
hi! i have heard that some people buy hair and then make their own bonds? i wondered if this is less expensive to do? and also how do you go about doing it ?
thanx
Gemma x xx

hiya i make my stick tips myself. and it does save me alot i buy my hair in wefts as i also do weft extensions but mainly micro rings or shrinkies. i then cut the hair away from the weft and bond it.
the weft is enough for a full head and i would pay almost twice as much for stick tipped hair. plus i can put how much hair i want on each bong .eg 0.5g, 0.8 or 1g..

i use a heat pot and keratin beads.

hi! i have heard that some people buy hair and then make their own bonds? i wondered if this is less expensive to do? and also how do you go about doing it ?
thanx
Gemma x xx

i guess this depends on what your tip is worth,
there a lots of you tube videos showing this as well

do you find that it has the same amount of shedding as the fusion method ? x x

I use wefted hair and make my own tips to what thickness I think goes to the clients own hair and use an adhesive gun with a slow flow nozzle to pretip my hair.

because i use stick tip and nail tip hair i would need to buy the u shape pliers to make nail shape tips. to make i tip hair i would just roll the bond to make that shape am i right? and you just do this with a glue gun?

i use a heat pot for mine i find it alot less messier.. then anything else ive tried.
yes you roll it for i tips

do you find that it has the same amount of shedding as the fusion method ? x x

Hi xgxexmx
the method i use dose not shed hair for at least 2 years

Hi xgxexmx
the method i use dose not shed hair for at least 2 years

Wow 2 years! Do u mind me askin where you get your hair from? Or what type it is? You can use a gun though? X x
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow 2 years! Do u mind me askin where you get your hair from? Or what type it is? You can use a gun though? X x
Posted via Mobile Device

we own our own factory in Sydney and developed our own tips. we also custom make different hair extensions thicknesses

Does any1 what the keratin beads are?
XxPosted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I'm a convert since seeing a post on here. Was it Minky or Lancashirelass?
If you search pre-tipping on here you should find quite a few threads.

Tried with my glue pot and got burnt, tried with the keratin beads and didn't like the finished bonds...

I use my glue gun and a heat applicator. Apply the glue to the hair as usual, then heat through with the heat applicator wand to coat all the hairs working the bonding through, give the bond a couple of seconds to cool and then flatten (not squash!) with a silicone pad. Trim to 0.5cm in length. As it's cooling you can curve the bond if you find them easier to work with.

They don't shed as all the hairs are properly coated already when you reheat for aplication. It is cheaper and you get a better finish IMO as you can custom blend the colurs yourself.

i think i wil def try this. so all you need is a glue gun and maybe u shape pliers ?? x x x

Once you find the right adhesive and equipment to make your own pretips you do get faster. I would highly recommend the finger protectors for rolling they are brilliant, I find them much better than the silicone pads, I can pretip roughly about 160 -170 bonds per hour.

If you want the silicone finger protectors they come in a set of three burguny blue and grey. I use only two for my thumb and forefinger and you can see how big the tip is and you get a good grip when rolling. You do have to get used to picking up the scissors with the silicone finger pads on your fingers.

I wouldnt recommend any cheaper finger pads as they are utter rubbish, I have tried every other ones going and they either slip off or the adhesive get stuck to the cheaper ones.

The silicone finger pads are also good for fusion method aswell.

Last edited:
i have tried rolling with the pads and much prefer using my fingers. you can get a better shaped bond. making your own bond is not classed as the fusion method? as i dont like the shedding with this method

xxx

i have tried rolling with the pads and much prefer using my fingers. you can get a better shaped bond. making your own bond is not classed as the fusion method? as i dont like the shedding with this method

xxx

I was referring to using the silicone finger protectors for the fusion method instead of using a silicone pad. I know that making your own bond is not classed as the fusion method lol

I was referring to using the silicone finger protectors for the fusion method instead of using a silicone pad. I know that making your own bond is not classed as the fusion method lol
lol good! i have the fusion method in my hair now and i hate it !!

xxx

lol good! i have the fusion method in my hair now and i hate it !!
xxx

Hi , may I ask why you hate it ? is it the actual hair that you dont like or has it been badly fitted ?

Hi , may I ask why you hate it ? is it the actual hair that you dont like or has it been badly fitted ?
i like the hair as its the one i always use. its just shedding all the time and im leaving a trail everywhere i go! its calming down a little now . had them about 2 weeks. I am used to having pre bonded so maybe not used to it

xxx

i like the hair as its the one i always use. its just shedding all the time and im leaving a trail everywhere i go! its calming down a little now . had them about 2 weeks. I am used to having pre bonded so maybe not used to it

xxx
is it a pre tipped ring system?

Latest posts

Back