Hair extension course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks :green: Hope your all having a good friday!!

Im thinking of doing a hair extension course as i have noticed the popularity in my area going up and up. And dont know of anyone in my area who does mobile hair extensions. For those of you who have taken a course i was wondering is £550 too exesive for the course?
This is what i will be learning

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We will teach you how to:[/FONT]

• [*]How to do the correct client consultation

[*]How to extend hair using TWO different methods
    [*]How to fit Hot Fusion Bonding Glue Hair Extensions
    [*]How to fit Amazing No Glue Hair Extensions (Micro Rings)
    [*]How to fit Human Hair Extensions

[*]How to fit Synthetic Hair Extensions

[*]How to apply a full head, half a head and fill in extensions

[*]How to get highlights & lowlights

[*]How to do the perfect colour match

[*]How to cut, shape and blend your clients hair & extensions

[*]How to care for your clients hair

[*]Promote aftercare & maintenance of the hair extensions

[*]How to remove hair extensions

[*]How to promote your hair extension business

[*]How to make money in the hair extension business
    [*]How to aim for your correct client types

[*]How to get quality hair at the correct price

What do you think? Pretty good? Or not good ? x
P.s this price includes the whole kit too

seems pretty good to me hun , but are they a recognised firm ? its just a few geeks have had probs with unreliable training in the hair ext catagory , hth xxx

Any other opinions?:confused: x

Whats the companies name you will be training with?

I have seen that website before but I have not heard of this company. I would do some digging around before handing any amount of money over. There is another hair extension training thread on here do a search and see if you can find it as there is some reputable companies on there who you could ring and also compare prices and what your actually getting for your money and if the methods they are offering is what you actually want to train in.

Click on this link from a previous posting.
http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/46404-hair-extension-training.html

:hug:Thanks for all the info very helpfull thank you :green: I am a bit wary of this company as i havent heard of them before either and they dont seem to put much information on here as to about the certificate you get at the end of it and the insurance side etc.. Ill have a good old search on here and have a think, ill also ring the company monday.

Also if anyone has used this company any reviews will be much appreciated

Thanks geekies

I wounder if you can ask them for references...??

I wounder if you can ask them for references...??

Hmm good point, will have to look into that..This is the only place ive found in my area that trains in hair extensions

Hi you could try Salons Direct ,
they are a hairdressing wholesalers and run courses with Balmain .
Their training is immensely thorough and good.

Although I am not a fan of their actual hair eg (the single pre bonded that is ):green: some hair geeks love their hair especially the Double hair .
perhaps you could get in touch with Salons Direct and ask them about the Balmain courses .:hug: x

Hi you could try Salons Direct ,
they are a hairdressing wholesalers and run courses with Balmain .
Their training is immensely thorough and good.

Although I am not a fan of their actual hair eg (the single pre bonded that is ):green: some hair geeks love their hair especially the Double hair .
perhaps you could get in touch with Salons Direct and ask them about the Balmain courses .:hug: x

Thanks for the info hun :hug: Ive looked on their website and all i can find is a hair extension training dvd is that what the training is?xxx

Hi, its a full course it starts with the first part called colour and design,
here you learn the basic application of pre bonded hair extensions how to re bond the same hair extensions after they have been taken back out after three months wear , it goes into great detail,

The morning is for learning about everything,

and the afternoon is for the practical session where you practice on false model heads and also you have to know how to razor cut the hair.

So although you don't have to be a fully trained hairdresser you need to be learning hairdressing , so that you can gain a certificate which is NVQ accredited :hug:

Hi, its a full course it starts with the first part called colour and design,
here you learn the basic application of pre bonded hair extensions how to re bond the same hair extensions after they have been taken back out after three months wear , it goes into great detail,

and the afternoon is for the practical session where you practice on false model heads and also you have to know how to razor cut the hair.

So although you don't have to be a fully trained hairdresser you need to be learning hairdressing , so that you can gain a certificate which is NVQ accredited :hug:

Oh thats usefull information, Ill do some searches on the net have a read up about the balmain courses, thank you for your help hun :green: xxx

on the question? is the price for this right? yes its about average for a hair extension course. It is extremely difficult to get HABIA APPROVAL, and can take up to 12 months before approval is finally given.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Balmain do full courses it starts with the first part called colour and design,

So although you don't have to be a fully trained hairdresser you need to be learning hairdressing , so that you can gain a certificate which is NVQ accredited

A lot of Hair geeks on here have liked their training .
:hug:

this is the course i am going on :green:, i feel better with balmain being a recognised name in hairdressing , same as creative with nails etc....

Whichever hair extension company you choose make sure that they are HABIA accredited hair courses, and that the tutor is City and Guilds Qualified, so that if you have to make a claim with your insurance you will be fully covered. If you choose a company who is unregistered or unqualified that you may find your insurance cover is NUL AND VOID, so take care, and take a look on the HABIA list for accredited hair extension courses, there are quite a few hair companies on there who have been thoroughly vetted.

If you are paying a lot of money out for a hair extension course, it makes sense to ensure that your tutor is City and Guilds Qualified to teach, so that you are sure that you are fully insured.

The best way of doing it is, phoning up an insurance company, any insurance company, and giving them the website address of the training company you are thinking of using. They will look the site over, looking for landline phone number, full address, HABIA ACCREDITATION, and tutors with full qualifications to teach ie: City and Guilds Certification.

good luck and please take care

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that word of mouth goes a long way.

It would be nice if someone has been on the the KM course could give us some feed back about it ? :hug:

As far as standards are concerned , if they are high standards and the course is delivered well and they have a good reputation then that is a good course to consider .

I believe Babtac are excellent for endorsing training courses I have heard lots of good things about Babtac :wink2:

Habia and their standards are excellent for FE Colleges and Academy's who want to be NVQ accredited like colleges ect .

There is also VTC which is another excellent name

But at the end of the day its all about choices there are lots of private courses around which are absolutely fantastic,

eg Salons Direct have some great private top up courses which are not endorsed by anyone but are fab ,

As long as you are a professional hairdresser you are automatically covered for hair extensions with your own hairdressing insurance I have checked out mine out and I know I am :hug: x

To all

I have responded personally to what Kyle has said.

What I have said still stands and I know that I have not lied about what I have said.
I have nothing to gain by lying, I lost no money to you at the end of the day (Kyle)

I have left my own experience of your company here to warn others. In the end the choice is there's, on whether or not they choose to train with your company.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back