Hair Extension Nightmare...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlondeMel29

Reaction score
Good morning,

This is the first time I have posted on this site, but it looks like there is some good advice going around which I really need right now!!!

Last Friday 19th Feb I had a full head of hair extensions put in. When the hair went in it was lovely and straight and soft and I was really happy.

I waited 24 hours as advised before washing it and when I did on Saturday it has since gone awfully frizzy and straw-like. It's hideous. And some of the bonds at the nape of my neck are quite tight & itchy. I can only wear it in a bun to try and hide the hair away, it would look awful down or in a pony-tail.

I am going back to the lady on Wednesday (I have already been in touch with her as so unsatisfied) to have them taken out. I would really really like a refund but am unsure of how to go about it?

Are hair extensions normally like this & I'm being intollerant or have I been conned? They cost me £150.00 and she has a decent website with lots of happy customers.. it would seem.

I have shoulder length blonde hair and it's so soft and silky I want my hair back!!!!

Thanks for anyones advice & sorry about the lost post.

BlondeMel29.

Oh dear. Sounds like nasty hair was used. They shouldn't go like that at all. While onefifty is supercheap for ext you would expect more than one wash out of them. She should take them out for you. Strictly speaking she should offer to redo them instead of refund but to be honest the price she is charging she must be using terrible hair so stand your ground for a refund.

What a nightmare for you, as persianista said she should redo them for you and send the hair she takes out back to the manufacturer as she might just have received a bad batch. If she has lots of happy customers it may just be a problem with this batch of hair.

Good luck and go with your instints if you feel your not going to get a good result with another set then ask for a refund, if any of my customers had this happen I would be offering a refund and going back to my supplier.

Deb
x

I think this is proof that if you buy cheap you get cheap! Customers think my extensions are expensive as they start fro £350. I use good quality hair, that can be re-used time and time again.

If the product is faulty you may be entitled to a refund. As the consumer law stands she may be entitled to just offer you a replacement. At £150 she has used low grade hair, mine costs more than that per head to buy in!

Thanks guys, I know that £150.00 is cheap but she advertises good quality humar hair so I presumed this was what I was going to get.

I'm going back tomorrow to get them removed, they are just annoying me so much!!!!

Should she offer me a refund? I'm the type of person who finds it hard to ask for money back, especially face to face! Arghh!!

you only get what you pay for hair wise,
as for the bonds itching and stuff she hasn't done a good job it would seem, so she should fix it,
i would expect to pay £400 plus for nice human hair extensions x

Good morning,

This is the first time I have posted on this site, but it looks like there is some good advice going around which I really need right now!!!

Last Friday 19th Feb I had a full head of hair extensions put in. When the hair went in it was lovely and straight and soft and I was really happy.

I waited 24 hours as advised before washing it and when I did on Saturday it has since gone awfully frizzy and straw-like. It's hideous. And some of the bonds at the nape of my neck are quite tight & itchy. I can only wear it in a bun to try and hide the hair away, it would look awful down or in a pony-tail.

I am going back to the lady on Wednesday (I have already been in touch with her as so unsatisfied) to have them taken out. I would really really like a refund but am unsure of how to go about it?

Are hair extensions normally like this & I'm being intollerant or have I been conned? They cost me £150.00 and she has a decent website with lots of happy customers.. it would seem.

I have shoulder length blonde hair and it's so soft and silky I want my hair back!!!!

Thanks for anyones advice & sorry about the lost post.

BlondeMel29.

Hi there Blondemel29
what your experiencing is stress to your scalp.
The itchiness is caused by the pulling of your hair, this is the #1 cause to stress alopeacia,this is common in all methods of hair extension applications if not trained correctly.
Dont panic this is reversible once removed.
you hair going notty is typical of bad hair quality.Go back and you might find she will offer to replace them BUT i would revaluate the option and her application expertize.

Hi there Blondemel29
what your experiencing is stress to your scalp.
The itchiness is caused by the pulling of your hair, this is the #1 cause to stress alopeacia,this is common in all methods of hair extension applications if not trained correctly.
Dont panic this is reversible once removed.
you hair going notty is typical of bad hair quality.Go back and you might find she will offer to replace them BUT i would revaluate the option and her application expertize.

Hi Lusciouslox,

Thanks for your reply. I'm going back tomorrow to get them taken out, this is as soon as I could!

You've scared me a little mentioning stress alopecia..! Is there anything you would advise me to do to my hair after they have been taken out to treat the hair and ensure it goes back to it's lovely self???

Thanks xxx

How have they been fitted by what method

Hi Lusciouslox,

Thanks for your reply. I'm going back tomorrow to get them taken out, this is as soon as I could!

You've scared me a little mentioning stress alopecia..! Is there anything you would advise me to do to my hair after they have been taken out to treat the hair and ensure it goes back to it's lovely self???

Thanks xxx

The first thing i recommend is to analyze how much of your own natural hair is coming out as the hair extensions are being removed. This is important.
Reason: if you choose to re apply hair extensions you will have to re consider you hair population or density to insure it wont re impact further hair loss over time due to poor anchoring or not enough hair holding each hair extension. this might sound that im getting very micro but is how it all begins.
The first thing that i hear from end consumers after having poor education on post hair extension installation maintenance is that "my hair was thicker before having hair extension".This is once hair extension become itchy after slowly running out of hair to hold on to as well if the extension have been left in too long on the same anchor or same section of hair.In your case your extension are too tight or installed at the wrong angle .
please see the video i have provided in the tutorial section of this site of which is a beginner video which covers the correct angle and pay special attention to the slack the extension has after installed.The extensions are not tight. Click here
once you analyze this you have 3 choices.
1. not have them at all
2. have them after 3 months till hair loss recovers
3. have them installed and consider below
I cant see your situation being too serious as it hasn't been long enough and you don't sound too uncomfortable correct me if im wrong?
Weather you pick bonded,ring,weft method for your next hair extensions i would consider rotating the extensions as your hair natural malts especially if your hair fine. I would also consider a stylists that understands not to install the hair extensions too tight and also install at natural fall.
Hope this all makes sense.

Hi Lusciouslox,

Thanks for this. No, the extensions are itchy but not unbearable. I have been really careful with it over the last few days, not tying it up too tight etc. I am having them taken out tonight & not put back in. I'm also going to ask for a refund. Hopefully the fact that they have only been in four days will mean there won't be too much permanent damage to my hair, do you think?

Thanks!!!

Hi Lusciouslox,

Thanks for this. No, the extensions are itchy but not unbearable. I have been really careful with it over the last few days, not tying it up too tight etc. I am having them taken out tonight & not put back in. I'm also going to ask for a refund. Hopefully the fact that they have only been in four days will mean there won't be too much permanent damage to my hair, do you think?

Thanks!!!
Nope it will be fine. Especially if you not suffering to badly ,its sounds like your taking them out before they do further damage. let us or me know how you go.

They're out!!! Thanks goodness!!! Had to scrub my hair quite a bit in the shower to get rid of the remaining glue etc... I'm just so glad they're out and I've got my hair back! Gonna pop to Boots at lunch and get a deep conditioning treatment to treat my hair. Thanks for all your help everyone. I've def learnt my lesson! xxxxxxxxx

They're out!!! Thanks goodness!!! Had to scrub my hair quite a bit in the shower to get rid of the remaining glue etc... I'm just so glad they're out and I've got my hair back! Gonna pop to Boots at lunch and get a deep conditioning treatment to treat my hair. Thanks for all your help everyone. I've def learnt my lesson! xxxxxxxxx

I'm happy to hear there out and your safe. im sad to hear another client lost faith in hair extensions. Im trying my best to repair this by giving all my support.
If you were here it would of been a very different story

Aw, well Sydney's a bit far for me too come! But thanks very much for your support! Take care xxxxx

Latest posts

Back