Hair extension question from a beauty therapist!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
Hi! Im a beauty therapist and my sister has said something about thread in hair extensions, so i thought i would ask........Is there such a thing as hair extensions being put in by threading them?!
She wants them dont this way if it exsists. I said i would ask for her. She has just had reconstructive facial surgery and she wants them done to cheer her up as shes feeling ptetty rubish at the mo bless her
:)
Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Yes, it's basically a weave, hair is braided to the scalp then a strip of extensions (like clip in's) is sewn onto the braid. If done properly they can look amazing.
The first time I seen this method was in Blackpool, it was clear the woman had a friend who had no idea fit them. There was a super thick braid, and sewn in with red cotton (the lady had light blonde hair that was tied up messily).

Give a call around, ask in your area who does this method, check out salons that sell themself as multi racial, from what iv seen most of these do weave extensions.

I hope your sister is ok and is recovering well. And it's lovely you are asking for advice to cheer her up. Xoxo

I got told in training that this method isn't suitable for euro hair and only afro Caribbean hair. The strain it causes on your scalp and hair from one bulk of weight can be very damaging. A friend used to get hers done all the time but stopped after she had a strip of bald running through her hair. Just be careful if she does like Tomme said above make sure she gets a qualified extensionist to do it so it's done properly x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back