Hair extension removal - bonds won't budge!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsey-xo

Reaction score
Hi i have been fitting hair extensions for two and a half years.

Today i have never seen bonds so rock solid, i even applied conditioner to the bonds for extra help with removal but with no luck. I remove keratin pre-bonded hair extensions with a hair extension pliers and pure acetone.

The bonds looked slightly white in colour too, i've read a thread on here and it says water leaking into the bonds maybe the cause, which then makes the bonds 'swell' and the hair then sheds excessively - which is what exactly happened.

I didn't want to keep tugging and pulling at them so i have asked her to leave a hair mask in overnight for the next few days and see if it helps soften them.

The client used tresemme shampoo, i recommend my clients to use hair extension shampoo and conditioner and not to get them wet on holidays in the sea or pool. I know she had these extensions for her honeymoon so its a good chance she may have not listened.

Whats the best way to remove these and tackle the client if i still find it hard to remove them next time??

Thanks xx

You say you have been using acetone - have you tried alcohol based remover? I always carry both types and I buy my alcohol based from Studio 58.

How long has she had them in? Did you fit them? Where is the hair from?

I'll give that a try thanks.

I fitted them with hairplanet hair extensions, my usual supplier. I never ever had this problem before.

They have been in almost two months.

If you just get some hand sanitiser gel (The green one from tescos works great which is like £1.50 for a big bottle) They do they same job but even better then the ridiculously expensive ones that hair extension companies sell. Because they are mainly alcohol based they work just the same. :)

Thanks alot i'll give that a try.

:)

Latest posts

Back